DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
In Amazing Adventures: The Lost Tomb, you're a historian who received a piece of map sent by the museum you're...
Thaddeus McGriff is a collector that sends his nephew around the world to find 8 rare items to complete his...
Amazing Heists: Dillinger is a hidden object game with a plot based on the true story of John Herbert Dillinger,...
Amazon: Guardians of Eden is an adventure which tries to capture the feel of a "B series" set in 1957...
Amber's Blood: A Carol Reed Mystery is the eighth game in the series. On a break between her sleuthing episodes...
Amstrad CPC (1985)
You are Amelie, a blonde hardworker in Paris skyscraper. In 11 P.M. you are understanding that you forgot very important...
Nintendo DS (2008)
Based on the popular American Girl franchise, the game puts the player in control of Kit Kittredge, a clever and...
In A-MIS Adventure, the player takes control over Norm, the programmer. Norm made a little change in one of his...
Amnesia Fortnight was the second of the public Double Fine two week prototyping sessions following Amnesia Fortnight 2012 where the...
Among Thorns is a free 2D click-and-point adventure game. It was made for the January 2016 edition of the monthly...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 4.65 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.56 Life Is Strange: Episode 4 - Dark Room (2015)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
- 4.51 Biosys (1999)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.