DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
Nintendo DS (2007)
The player is taken to Make 10 Kingdom, a land ruled by Numbers, where they are requested by King Decimus...
Make It Good is text-based Interactive Fiction: a Chandleresque noir detective story in which you play the hard-boiled detective trying...
In Make Room for Mush the player takes the role of a mushroom and the goal is to create new...
In 1997, Tokyo was hit by an unseen disaster. Horrifying mutations turned the city into a ruin in a short...
Following game launch in a lovingly simulated Macintosh environment, the player enters a retro 1st-person adventure in an explicitly Shadowgate...
TurboGrafx CD (1992)
This adventure game features the Japanese actress Mami Inoue in the lead female role of the same name. The protagonist...
TurboGrafx CD (1992)
Makai kara no Tenkōsei is based on the anime series Devil Hunter Yohko. The anime focuses on Yohko Mano, a...
TurboGrafx CD (1993)
Tooki Yobigoe is a direct sequel to Mamono Hunter Yōko: Makai kara no Tenkōsei, continuing where the story of the...
Manami was just about to begin enjoying her summer vacation, when she received a strange letter. The sender implies that...
Man Boy vs Doctor Sock is a short AGS adventure game created for the fifth One Room, One Week competition...
Man Enough is a full-motion video dating simulation game. The objective, as in most of these games, is to have...
Entertainer Michael Jackson is in the news for awful and bizarre allegations after having apparently thrown in his lot with...
SEGA CD (1993)
Mansion of Hidden Souls is an adventure game created entirely with full-motion video. It takes place in a pre-rendered mansion...
SEGA Saturn (1994)
This Saturn-exclusive game is actually a sequel to the Sega CD game Mansion of Hidden Souls, even though the title...
PlayStation 2 (2005)
Originally released for PC (Windows) under title Maple Colors in 2003 featuring erotic content, this PlayStation 2 port was done...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games by as rated by our users:
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.06 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (1993)
- 3.75 Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders (1991)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 3.94 Myst III: Exile (2001)
- 3.91 Space Quest IV: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers (1991)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 3.93 Neuromancer (1988)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.