DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
SEGA Saturn (1994)
This Saturn-exclusive game is actually a sequel to the Sega CD game Mansion of Hidden Souls, even though the title...
PlayStation 2 (2005)
Originally released for PC (Windows) under title Maple Colors in 2003 featuring erotic content, this PlayStation 2 port was done...
Marginal Storys (sic) is composed of two short visual novels, which are accessible from the main menu and are not...
Edwina Margrave receives a letter about the "Aurora Dusk", a derelict ship found offshore that belongs to her family. She...
A young man named Kenji decides to have a vacation on the beautiful island together with his sister Hiromi. Taking...
Mark and Mandi's Love Story is a spot-the-differences game, where most of the time the screen is split in two...
A bold new gambit for game publishers: why not announce a game -- with another game? This is a brief...
Atari ST (1992)
Marlowe is an interactive adventure game in which the player assumes the role of a private detective who has to...
Your useless ship has crash landed, yet again, on a hostile alien planet. Thankfully your on board computers have located...
Mrs Morsel and her children, Martha and little Nelson are three titular little mice of the game. In this adventure,...
Game Boy Color (2000)
Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen star in the portable adventure about junior detectives who can "solve any crime by dinnertime."Each mystery...
SEGA CD (1994)
Mary Shelly's Frankenstein is an adventure/fighting hybrid based on the 1994 film of the same name. You play as Frankenstein's...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games by as rated by our users:
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.06 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (1993)
- 3.75 Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders (1991)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 3.94 Myst III: Exile (2001)
- 3.91 Space Quest IV: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers (1991)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 3.93 Neuromancer (1988)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.