DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
An exercise in time-shifted narrative in the vein of a spontaneously-generated bedtime story (and filling the backstory blanks thereof), this...
Mavlin Malner from Earth was kidnapped by alien in flying saucer to the planet of moguns! The mogun, who looks...
Game Boy Color (2000)
This game uses the license from the famous German TV series Biene Maja. Maja's best friend Willi is kidnapped by...
May’s Mysteries: The Secret of Dragonville is a 2D adventure game, somewhat similar to the Professor Layton series. It contains...
Atari 8-bit (2014)
Maze is a game created for the "NOMAM Basic Ten-Liners 2014" competition. The entire code, written in the Turbo Basic...
The McCarthy Chronicles: Episode 1 is a free 2D click-and-point adventure game. It features a classic inventory. The game can...
This is an expansion for McKenzie & Co., the game about the trials and tribulations of a teenage girl in...
In McMurphy's Mansion, a text based adventure, you are the nephew/niece of the late eccentric millionaire McMurphy. Upon arriving in...
Mean City is an interactive adventure game in which the player has 10 hours to save Harry, a television reporter...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games by as rated by our users:
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.06 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (1993)
- 3.75 Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders (1991)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 3.94 Myst III: Exile (2001)
- 3.91 Space Quest IV: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers (1991)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 3.93 Neuromancer (1988)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.