DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
Mozart: The Conspirators of Prague is an adventure game about Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, who apparently was not only a musical...
Mrs. Cambridge, a wealthy woman taking a cruise, is murdered in her first night aboard the ship. A detective starts...
Mr. Danger's Contest is a free classic point-and-click adventure game. You control the game with the mouse and have access...
Beavis and Butthead are on a field trip to college. They have to collect signatures from different teachers by doing...
In this unauthorized Harry Potter fangame, the player, a muggle, is whisked off to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry...
The Multi-dimensional Thief is a single-player, keyboard controlled, interactive fiction game. It was developed with the aid of The Adventure...
MCE is an editor for saved games, characters and highscores from the following 50 games: Bard's Tale 1 Bard's Tale...
The story in this adventure begins with a plot by a mysterious enemy from the future known as Dyschord who...
Mr White has invited the player (a police inspector) to a masquerade party at his manor. When the player arrives...
Murder, Cheat, and Fuck Your Way Through Boston is a text-based adventure game made for the satire website ClickHole. The...
Murder Club is an adventure game with simulation elements. The player controls the private detective J.B. Harold, who must investigate...
Personal servant to Robert Harris, Charles Browning finds Harris' daughter murdered and fears that he will be blamed for the...
Investigative researcher Lionel Ulmer is invited to the mansion of Lord Blackwin to help him with the manuscript of his...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games by as rated by our users:
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.06 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (1993)
- 3.75 Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders (1991)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 3.94 Myst III: Exile (2001)
- 3.91 Space Quest IV: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers (1991)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 3.93 Neuromancer (1988)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.