DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
Personal servant to Robert Harris, Charles Browning finds Harris' daughter murdered and fears that he will be blamed for the...
Investigative researcher Lionel Ulmer is invited to the mansion of Lord Blackwin to help him with the manuscript of his...
A man has committed suicide in room 302 of Hotel Lisbon. He stabbed himself in the back 14 times while...
Murder Mystery & Mirrors Triple Pack is a compilation of three 'Hidden Object' Adventure games.The games in this compilation are...
A frustrated game author, trapped by his own burgeoning ideas and unclear how to integrate his creative visions into a...
Before explaining what Tres Lunas is, you need to know who Mike Oldfield is. Mike Oldfield is an iconoclastic British...
<>Maestro is the second installment of Mike Oldfield's MusicVR series. It is much like its predecessor, Tres Lunas, but bigger...
Commodore 64 (1988)
After being awoken by your telephone, you have been summoned to meet someone to receive a mission reluctantly, seeing as...
Mutant Beach takes place on a small tropical island. Someone has stolen the nose of the Great Idol Mohawk. This...
You control a young boy called Johnny Burger who plans to visit his cousin Emanuel for two weeks. As he...
The hero of the game, Daidageki, is a police agent known for his hot temper and fighting skills. He is...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games by as rated by our users:
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.06 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (1993)
- 3.75 Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders (1991)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 3.94 Myst III: Exile (2001)
- 3.91 Space Quest IV: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers (1991)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 3.93 Neuromancer (1988)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.