DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
PlayStation 2 (2007)
Myself; Yourself is a visual novel romantic adventure game based on the light novel (followed by an anime) with the...
PlayStation 2 (2009)
Sorezore no Finale is a spin-off sequel to Myself; Yourself visual novel romance adventure game that provides after story conclusions...
My Sex Slave is a Classmate is a visual novel in which the player controls Masato Kirishima. Masato's father was...
Windows (1995), Windows 3.x (1993), PlayStation (1995), Jaguar (1995), Amiga (1997), SEGA Saturn (1994), 3DO (1995), PSP (2012), Windows Mobile (2005), CD-i (1996), Macintosh (1993), PlayStation 3 (2012), iPhone (2009) and PS Vita (2012)
You have just stumbled upon a most intriguing book, a book titled Myst. You have no idea where it came...
A series of mysterious murders take place in London, prompting an investigation by the local authorities. All the evidence points...
The Mysterious City: Cairo, like the previous title, is a hidden object game that follows closely all the standard conventions...
The Mysterious City: Golden Prague is a conventional hidden object game, with all the features common to the genre. As...
Mysterious City: Vegas is a very basic hidden object game, following closely all the conventions of the genre. The owners...
Sen awakes from a deep sleep aboard a strange space vessel. He has no recollection of the past -- who...
A man receives his grandmother's house as inheritance, along with all the pending bills. While rummaging through the things left...
Eva and her daughter were foraging for medicinal herbs on a forest near home. When they return, their village is...
The Mystery at Greveholm 2: The Journey to Planutus is the sequel to The Mystery at Greveholm. After freeing the...
Mystery at Mansfield Manor is another rendition of the parlor murder mystery game, Clue, presented as an interactive movie. Real...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 4.65 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.56 Life Is Strange: Episode 4 - Dark Room (2015)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
- 4.51 Biosys (1999)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.