DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
The Mystery of Brackly Hall is an adventure game, and a part of the Adventure Games Live series. Like all...
The Mystery of Haunted Hollow is a free 2D click-and-point adventure game. It features an inventory. Actions can be controlled...
Commodore 64 (1984)
The Mystery of Munroe Manor is a single person text adventure.Old man Barstow is dead. Munroe Manor stands deserted on...
Brent Halligan, a Scotland Yard Detective, is on the trail of a murderer whose victims suffered heinous acts of dismemberment....
Commodore 64 (1988)
You are a historian and a member of the London Archaeological Society, so you Sir James Wentworth have been sent...
Commodore 64 (1986)
You are a farmer and arriving at your field one morning you have discovered all your sheep have disappeared and...
Fighting her fears of drowning, Mary Morehouse embarks in the maiden voyage of the Mary Celeste. While busy exploring the...
This adventure game was inspired by the Jules Verne novel "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea".The story begins aboard the USS...
Mystery of Time and Space is a point-and-click adventure game made with Adobe Flash and playable only online from the...
Grandma Rose has won $488 millions by playing at the lottery. The only problem she has is that she lost...
Mystery P.I.: The New York Fortune is a hidden object game where, as a private detective hired by the family...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games by as rated by our users:
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.06 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (1993)
- 3.75 Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders (1991)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 3.94 Myst III: Exile (2001)
- 3.91 Space Quest IV: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers (1991)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 3.93 Neuromancer (1988)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.