DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
Jarret Duffy knows everything about Dungeons & Dragons-- a sad fact which has secured his position as assistant manager of...
Neftelia is an exploration game whose protagonist is a featureless human-like figure. The aim of the game is to explore...
PlayStation 2 (2006)
The third period of Negima RPG games for PlayStation 2 based on the manga with the same name comes in...
Neighbors from Hell: On Vacation is the sequel to the puzzle strategy game Neighbors From Hell. You are Woody again...
In this brief interactive chat, the player chooses conversational gambits over a mobile phone conversation. The dialogue begins with mundane...
In this game the player takes the role of a detective trying to compile enough evidence to get Paul Robinson...
Nekopara Vol. 0 is a short Japanese adult visual novel. It is a fandisc and a prequel to Nekopara Vol....
Nelly Cootalot: Spoonbeaks Ahoy! is a freeware AGS adventure game by Alasdair Beckett made for his girlfriend. The player controls...
TurboGrafx CD (1993)
Nemurenu Yoru no Chiisana O-Hanashi ("Little Stories for Sleepless Nights") is a cartoon-like adventure game designed for children and based...
SEGA Saturn (1996)
A Japan-only release of a Neon Genesis Evangelion episode in the form of a video game. Following the story of...
SEGA Saturn (1997)
This is the second Neon Genesis Evangelion "interactive animé" for Saturn. The events of the game take place just after...
Nephi's Quest is a King's Quest-style adventure game taking place in Jerusalem in 600 B.C. The player follows the adventures...
NES Quest is a point-and-click adventure developed with the third version of the AGS engine. The game's protagonist let his...
The Netherworld is a free 2D click-and-point adventure game. It features an inventory. The game can be controlled via mouse...
PlayStation 2 (2007)
Takashi is a high-school student aspiring to become a weather forecaster. One day, a new transfer student gets transferred to...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games by as rated by our users:
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.06 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (1993)
- 3.75 Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders (1991)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 3.94 Myst III: Exile (2001)
- 3.91 Space Quest IV: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers (1991)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 3.93 Neuromancer (1988)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.