DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
Neverland is a hidden object game with a "Alice in Wonderland" inspired plot. Most of the time the objective is...
Game Boy Color (2002)
The New Addams Family Series is an adventure game starring the two young Addams children. The family mansion is going...
Inspired by the classic story of H.G. Wells, take the role of an intrepid time adventurer trapped in a mysterious...
The New Adventures of Zak McKracken is a fan made sequel to the original Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders...
Following a typical plot for its generation of early text adventures on mainframe, Castle challenges its player to explore a...
Commodore 64 (1994)
Newcomer is a 3D adventure/RPG hybrid. The protagonist finds himself having been teleported to a jail island. He is accused...
Next Life is a point-and-click adventure game that involves life after death - or, at least, the afterlife of a...
Sixty years after the defeat of the Nazis, construction workers come upon an old German tunnel complex west of Prague....
An Italian adventure game, based on the famous cartoon and comic Nick Carter by Bonvi (dead from an accident one...
Nick Contemplates His Naval [sic] is a very brief game focusing on a series of superficial interactions with Nick, a...
In the best tradition of pyramid exploration, you start this contemplative first-person adventure game trapped, with no way to go...
The events of the game take place shortly after the ending of the first game. The devastating zombie invasion, caused...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 4.65 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.56 Life Is Strange: Episode 4 - Dark Room (2015)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
- 4.51 Biosys (1999)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.