DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
The protagonist of the game is a rather nerdy Japanese teenager named Umechiyo, who impatiently awaits the arrival of his...
The mystery of Nooch enters its final phase. Umechiyo and his sweetheart, the genius girl Piliru from the fictional country...
Some time has passed since Umechiyo helped the genius girl Piliru to uncover the conspiracy in her homeland Paru. Now...
Mackensie is a professional photographer that runs a wedding planning business with her childhood friends. Her life gets out of...
TurboGrafx CD (1988)
No・Ri・Ko is essentially a multimedia title resembling an interactive movie with visual novel elements, containing music clips and digitized snapshots...
It's a rainy night in the city. Private Investigator Norman Cooks can't decide whether to stare out his office window...
In North Polar Expedition the player is tasked with leading an expedition to the North Pole. The story and setting...
Atari 8-bit (1990)
The player controls a Soviet agent who infiltrated an American base and tries to destroy it. His task is to...
After the summer break the player enters his high school where he sees the new transfer student - Sarah -...
This mini CD-ROM is based on the early 2004 storyline of LEGO BIONICLE. In this adventure, the player takes control...
Nurse Story is a mix of love simulation and visual novel adventure. The protagonist of the story is hospitalized and...
Nurse Yū no Mumasensen is an adventure game with a rather cryptic story. The player controls a young nurse named...
Oh no! Your caring mother got a letter from her long lost relative King Mirage XXII in Zeiva Kingdom, announcing...
Atari ST (1990)
The Obscure Naturalist is a text adventure created with STAC.The game is set in the early summer and at the...
In Odissea: An Almost True Story you play as Ulysses. You are on an adventure which is based on the...
Private eye Nalle Karhu, he needs to save the world and with some help from you, thus the story is...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 4.65 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.56 Life Is Strange: Episode 4 - Dark Room (2015)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
- 4.51 Biosys (1999)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.