DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
One Girl is a work of adult interactive fiction. You're in a room with a girl and an empty table....
The first print limited edition of One: Kagayaku Kisetsu e includes: One: Kagayaku Kisetsu e One: Kagayaku Kisetsu e soundtrack...
One Late Night is a first person indie horror game. You are alone in the office (at least you think...
Onewa's Toa Metru Mini Promo CD is a mini CD-ROM based on the early 2004 storyline of LEGO BIONICLE. In...
Nintendo 3DS (2012)
Kōhei Fujimaru has started having strange dreams lately; dreams where one of his cute female classmates is locked in a...
OpenQuest is a short, two-room AGS adventure game, mainly developed with full documentation to assist newcomers to work towards a...
Operacja Glemp is an adventure game set in a modified Polish political reality of 1996. The place of action is...
ZX Spectrum (1987)
Professor Wolff has invented a new, more efficient nuclear engine but on his way to discuss it with NATO he...
Commodore 64 (1989)
Operation Feuersturm is a text adventure in German language. A terrorist organization stole an atomic warhead and now they threaten...
Oppression Quest is a short, satirical, choose-your-own-adventure game. It is a parody of Depression Quest, and it satirizes its developer...
Commodore 64 (1984)
The Oracle's Cave is an adventure game where you type in various one-letter commands with the keyboard and watch a...
Your friend Alex goes missing, a trail of notes and clues left behind, pointing to his possible whereabouts. All the...
Orchestrated Death is a point-and-click game where the player takes the reigns of death in a three-chapter adventure.Each chapter has...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games by as rated by our users:
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.06 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (1993)
- 3.75 Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders (1991)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 3.94 Myst III: Exile (2001)
- 3.91 Space Quest IV: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers (1991)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 3.93 Neuromancer (1988)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.