DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
Another Code: R - A Journey into Lost Memories is the sequel to the 2005 Nintendo DS game Trace Memory....
Another planet, another crash landing. Sadly this time it's quite hostile due to being a security hive. To make matters...
Hitomi Hayama, a 16-year old girl was involved in a car accident. Upon waking in the hospital she realizes that...
Another Small Favor is a short point-and-click adventure and the successor to A Small Favor. The player controls the same...
This compilation includes: Dark Fall: The Journal Dark Fall 2: Lights Out
PlayStation 2 (2006)
Anya ni Sasayaku: Tantei Sagara Kyouichirou (Eng. "Whisper in the Night: Detective Kyouichirou Sagara") is a mystery adventure game featuring...
Aoi Namida is romance adventure game presented as a visual novel. It was released for Xbox a year after the...
PS Vita (2016)
Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm is PlayStation Vita port of PC (Windows) game with the same title, but with...
PS Vita (2016)
Premium Edition box release of Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm includes: Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm game Visual...
Nintendo DS (2008)
It's seven years after the events seen in Trials and Tribulations, and Phoenix Wright has shouted his last "Objection!". Taking...
Xbox 360 (2010)
Apple Jack places you in the shoes of the apple headed hero of the game - Jack, who's beloved pet...
Apprentice II: The Knight's Move is the second chapter of the Apprentice trilogy. It is a point-and-click freeware adventure game...
In this game, players are put into the role of a submersible to explore the ocean depths at their leisure....
PlayStation 3 (2008)
In Aquanaut's Holiday: Kakusareta Kiroku, the player boards a subway and explores the deep ocean around an fictional atoll. In...
A Quick Run Around the House: A Sample Adventure was created by Roger Kenner, the author of the Adventure Game...
A Quiet Weekend in Capri is a first-person, point and click adventure. The player is a tourist visiting the famous...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 4.65 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.56 Life Is Strange: Episode 4 - Dark Room (2015)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
- 4.51 Biosys (1999)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.