DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
Commodore 64 (1984)
The Oracle's Cave is an adventure game where you type in various one-letter commands with the keyboard and watch a...
Your friend Alex goes missing, a trail of notes and clues left behind, pointing to his possible whereabouts. All the...
Orchestrated Death is a point-and-click game where the player takes the reigns of death in a three-chapter adventure.Each chapter has...
Xbox 360 (2010)
Ore no Yome (俺の嫁) is a romance adventure focusing on the simulation of a married life. The story starts at...
The Orion Conspiracy is a futuristic adventure game set in the year 2160, when space travel is a common thing....
Commodore 64 (1984)
Earth's war with the planet Zarp has been raging for many years and now in the year 2554, the Zarps...
A hazy, psychedelic mash-up of Western tropes, this "interactive music video" presents a cyclical suite of screens each of which...
Oseong and Haneum were the pen names of two distinguished scholars who lives in Korea in the late 16th and...
PlayStation 2 (2000)
In this interactive movie video game you play as a man who dies in a motorcycle accident. However, that is...
Miranda is a writer suffering from an exasperating lack of fresh ideas. While struggling for inspiration, she receives a mysterious...
Other Worlds is a freeware adventure game created using AGS. Gameplay is classic third person point-and-click similar to old Sierra...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games by as rated by our users:
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.06 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (1993)
- 3.75 Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders (1991)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 3.94 Myst III: Exile (2001)
- 3.91 Space Quest IV: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers (1991)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 3.93 Neuromancer (1988)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.