DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
The Orion Conspiracy is a futuristic adventure game set in the year 2160, when space travel is a common thing....
Commodore 64 (1984)
Earth's war with the planet Zarp has been raging for many years and now in the year 2554, the Zarps...
A hazy, psychedelic mash-up of Western tropes, this "interactive music video" presents a cyclical suite of screens each of which...
Oseong and Haneum were the pen names of two distinguished scholars who lives in Korea in the late 16th and...
PlayStation 2 (2000)
In this interactive movie video game you play as a man who dies in a motorcycle accident. However, that is...
Miranda is a writer suffering from an exasperating lack of fresh ideas. While struggling for inspiration, she receives a mysterious...
Other Worlds is a freeware adventure game created using AGS. Gameplay is classic third person point-and-click similar to old Sierra...
Otis Builds a Fire is a free 2D click-and-point adventure game. It features a classic inventory and actions can be...
Nintendo DS (2008)
Otoshi Keiji (meant to be read as Otoshi Deka) is a detective adventure game spanning four cases. You are Jun...
Our World War: Interactive Episode is a short interactive movie based on the BBC drama series Our World War. It...
Rack your brains before they get racked for you! Hearkening back to Choose-Your-Own-Adventure gamebooks and horror FMV titles like Night...
Outcry is a point and click adventure game which delves into the surreal, philosophical themes and the paranormal.The main character...
Outlaws of the Sierra Nevadas is an adventure game, and a part of the Adventure Games Live series. Like all...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.67 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.61 Museum Madness (1994)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.56 Life Is Strange: Episode 4 - Dark Room (2015)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
- 4.51 Biosys (1999)
- 4.49 Life Is Strange: Episode 3 - Chaos Theory (2015)
- 4.48 Lost Horizon (2010)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.