DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
Commodore 64 (1995)
In this game, the player has to get rid of hippies who are having a party in the house, and...
This epic adventure game is reminiscent of the classic Sierra games, especially the King's Quest series. It is a mouse-controlled,...
TurboGrafx CD (1992)
Yū is a young apprentice magician who lives in the Fairy World. One day, a magical error occurs, and Yū...
Daniel is a scientist on Earth about to test his greatest invention - a teleportation device. Lin is a student...
The Path of the Pumpkin is the prequel of the freeware Italian graphic adventure Space Hunter. The game is a...
Pathways is a game about experimental storytelling. It starts in a house and the player controls a male character. There...
Paul Quest Gold Edition is a free 2D click-and-point adventure game. It features a classic inventory and actions are can...
DOS (1986), Amiga (1986), Atari ST (1986), Commodore 64 (1986), Apple II (1986), Atari 8-bit (1986), ZX Spectrum (1987), Amstrad CPC (1987), Macintosh (1986), Acorn 32-bit (1989), Sinclair QL (1985) and Amstrad PCW (1986)
The aim of this interactive fiction with graphics is to escape from the land of Kerovnia, where strange occurrences are...
Enough is enough—Trogdor just burned down your hut, destroying everything you own, and now it's time to get revenge. You...
Pechowy Prezent is an adventure game. The game begins with a scene in which a young boy receives a dreamed...
Pedestrian Devastation is a brief, side-scrolling game in which the player takes the role of Agent Paroxysm, an ersatz policeman...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.67 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.61 Museum Madness (1994)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.56 Life Is Strange: Episode 4 - Dark Room (2015)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
- 4.51 Biosys (1999)
- 4.49 Life Is Strange: Episode 3 - Chaos Theory (2015)
- 4.48 Lost Horizon (2010)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.