DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
Atari 8-bit (1991)
Pięć Gówien Eepcha is a text adventure game. The protagonist of the game begins the adventure on a path next...
Commodore 64 (1986)
Legend has it that deep in a mountain in the land of Meridan lies a Guardian who is believed to...
The game is a sequel to the original Pilot Brothers, the first Russian adventure game. It was released in a...
Windows 3.x (1996)
As Pink Panther, you travel all around the world in order to look after the sons and daughters of top...
In honour of the February 2013 awarding of the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences’ Pioneer Award to founding Infocom...
Pioneer Trail is based on the game The Oregon Trail where you have to travel 2000 miles across America with...
Piposh 3D marks the return of the failed actor Piposh, for the first time in 3D. The game features traditional...
Piposh is a humorous point-and-click adventure game.The player takes the role of Piposh, a failed actor who intends to take...
Pippa Funnell: The Golden Stirrup Challenge is a single player adventure game based on horse riding.There's a back story to...
Commodore 64 (1985), Apple II (1980), Atari 8-bit (1981), ZX Spectrum (1984), VIC-20 (1984), TI-99/4A (1981), TRS-80 (1979), TRS-80 CoCo (1983), Commodore PET/CBM (1979), Browser (2005), BBC Micro (1984), Electron (1984), PC-88 (1984), PC-98 (1984), Commodore 16, Plus/4 (1984), FM-7 (1984) and Exidy Sorcerer (1979)
This is adventure #2 in Scott Adam's text adventure series. In this adventure, you shuffle between three locales: an unremarkable...
After getting his license for his job of pirate, Fry is given a secret mission by the new chief of...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games by as rated by our users:
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.06 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (1993)
- 3.75 Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders (1991)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 3.94 Myst III: Exile (2001)
- 3.91 Space Quest IV: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers (1991)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 3.93 Neuromancer (1988)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.