DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
Moira is a mercenary haunted in her dreams by her past - a past she has successfully drunk herself into...
Pizza Morgana is an adventure game featuring a 12-year-old girl named Jackie who finds herself transported to a magical realm...
PlayStation 2 (2004)
Pizzicato Polka: Ensa Genya for PlayStation 2 and Dreamcast is port of an adult PC (Windows) visual novel called Pizzicato...
Polly Pride is the owner of an animal shelter, where she starts to receive clients that lost their pets. The...
P.J. Pride and her niece Ashley are vacationing in Paris when, suddenly, major European cities are invaded by wild animals....
Many centuries ago, Margaret was introduced to the Black Death. She sought the devil's protection in a pagan cult of...
DOS (1983), PC Booter (1983), Amiga (1986), Atari ST (1985), Commodore 64 (1985), Apple II (1983), Atari 8-bit (1983), TRS-80 (1983), Amstrad CPC (1986), Commodore 128 (1988), TRS-80 CoCo (1984), Macintosh (1984), Commodore 16, Plus/4 (1984), Amstrad PCW (1986) and Tatung Einstein (1985)
It all started with your great-great-grandfather who was a High Admiral and one of the founding officers of the Patrol....
Plastilinovyj Son is a humorous point and click adventure game where all the characters, backgrounds and objects are made entirely...
John is a plumber who is looking for love. He's looking in the house of the blonde Jane who has...
You're just walking along, seein' how your 12-gauge looks in t'moonlight, like, when Gamey accuses you of poachin'! Then, to...
PocketZeldaStationAdventure is a small Zelda style adventure game originally designed as an attempt to re-create a Zelda game playable on...
In the sequel to PokéPark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure, Pikachu comes to a new PokéPark with his best friend Piplup. They...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.67 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.61 Museum Madness (1994)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.56 Life Is Strange: Episode 4 - Dark Room (2015)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
- 4.51 Biosys (1999)
- 4.49 Life Is Strange: Episode 3 - Chaos Theory (2015)
- 4.48 Lost Horizon (2010)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.