DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
Baron Wittard is a point & click adventure with Myst like gameplay. As a press photographer the player is assigned...
The player takes on the role of a secret agent, code-named Barracuda, on a mission to recover from the ocean...
This game was made to promote the Barraki, characters from LEGO BIONICLE's 2007 line. The player chooses to play as...
This short game was added to BIONICLE.com in January 2007 to provide a teaser for the characters known as the...
Archaeology meets adventure in this game set in the desolate Cornish landscape. A dig at Barrow Hill is timed with...
The Limited Edition of Barrow Hill is signed by the author and creator Matt Clark along with the edition number....
Bars of Black and White is an "escape the room" adventure game where the player becomes someone who has not...
After a day at school Bart returns home to relax while watching TV. Unfortunately there is no sign of the...
Bas de Beer naar Pirateneiland is the first of the Dutch Bas de Beer games. It is meant for players...
Frigid winter winds swept over an already chilled Gotham City. Random street crimes were running at an all-time high, despite...
SEGA Saturn (1996)
Set in the year of 4998, after the war with an alien race, the battle is no longer waged with...
Gil Hazard, president of the Hazard Foundation, is secretly Professor G, the leader of the evil Dark Hazard organization. He...
Save the world with Bazooka Sue, the only half-female, half-swine protagonist besides Miss Piggy. Spoil the evil plans of mad...
Beacon is a short point-and-click adventure game. It is about commander Valentin who came back from space in a capsule...
When walking alone on a long road, a sudden rainstorm drives a woman to a bright building, looking for shelter....
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.67 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.61 Museum Madness (1994)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.56 Life Is Strange: Episode 4 - Dark Room (2015)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
- 4.51 Biosys (1999)
- 4.49 Life Is Strange: Episode 3 - Chaos Theory (2015)
- 4.48 Lost Horizon (2010)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.