DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
When walking alone on a long road, a sudden rainstorm drives a woman to a bright building, looking for shelter....
Becherdó is a point and click adventure. The player takes on the role of Johnny, a guy that won a...
Becher's Dream is a downloadable Czechoslovakian adventure game created with Adobe Flash. You play a young man who had a...
Becky is a teenage girl living in Old Haven with a knack for solving puzzles and mysteries. While doing a...
Nintendo DS (2007)
Bee Movie Game is the Nintendo DS game based on Jerry Seinfeld's Bee Movie. In this game you control Barry...
A choose-your-own-adventure for horny frat boys, this automated conversion of the author's novel (also available as a PDF for e-readers)...
Before the Law is a short game based on a short story of the same name by the existentialist writer...
Set before Lunchtime of the Damned, the game puts the player in shoes of Davy Jones on his mission to...
ZX Spectrum (1988)
In this notably quirky cult classic you take the role of The Balrog, a large gentleman just trying to enjoy...
Released some 23 years after the long-running series's prior game for the ZX Spectrum, this hypertext story-game sees the player,...
Belief & Betrayal is a classic point & click adventure by the Italian development team Artematica.American journalist Jonathan Danter hears...
Belladonna is a very short point-and-click adventure with a Gothic theme. At the start of the game, you wake up...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.67 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.61 Museum Madness (1994)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.56 Life Is Strange: Episode 4 - Dark Room (2015)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
- 4.51 Biosys (1999)
- 4.49 Life Is Strange: Episode 3 - Chaos Theory (2015)
- 4.48 Lost Horizon (2010)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.