DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
The game is based on the movie bearing the same title (which, in turn, is based on Philip K. Dick's...
Atari ST (1991)
The Blag is an adventure game created with STAC. You take on the roll of Detective Constable Adrian Blunder newly...
Atari 8-bit (2012)
Błękitne Nimfy is a fantasy text adventure paragraph game. The objective of the game is it to free two sisters...
The year is 1928. The First World War has devastated the world. But life goes on, and people try to...
Simon (your alter ego) is a blind man who takes a journey through memories and emotions in search of truth:...
Windows 3.x (1996)
Blob Factory is a single player, freeware, side scrolling platform game.The eponymous Blob, a blue circle with feet, was relaxing...
The Blobjob was announced as "the first safety game designed to reach people about drugs, violence, sex, fire and traffic...
This is a story made with Versu, a choice-based engine presenting play through interaction between player characters and non-player characters...
Anna writes a book against her father's wishes, telling details about a dark sect he was once part of. After...
Blood Oath combines elements from hidden object games and point-and-click adventures, where the player assumes the role of a newly-turned...
You begin as a simple mercenary. You can complete quests to earn gold or follow a darker path of murder...
Bloody Murder is a compilation of two text and graphics adventure games designed for the beginning level player and a...
You just wanted to call the breakdown service using the public phone, but suddenly a mysterious guy calls you "Adam",...
May 15 1984. In a bar, shortly after a shady deal took place two men enter the bar. They are...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.69 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
- 4.51 Biosys (1999)
- 4.48 Lost Horizon (2010)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.