DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
In the year 1981, a series of horrifying murders happened at Black Mirror castle, the home of the Gordon family....
The death of his grandfather, William, brings Samuel Gordon back to Black Mirror, the family's ancestral home. Although William was...
Black Pencil is a short visual novel created using Multimedia Builder. It has 14 story paths and 5 different endings....
Black Sails is an adventure game that takes place in the year 1884. The game tells a story about young...
Atari ST (1991)
Blackscar Mountain is a text adventure written with the ST Adventure Creator.The kingdom of Zamara is one of the most...
BlackShadows is a short first-person horror game. The player controls a young female scientist imprisoned in a dark, empty research...
You are Blackstar in this adventure game, in which you must solve puzzling murders. There are two episodes in the...
The Blackwell Deception is the fifth main game in the series and continues the story of the writer Rosangela Blackwell,...
The game is based on the movie bearing the same title (which, in turn, is based on Philip K. Dick's...
Atari ST (1991)
The Blag is an adventure game created with STAC. You take on the roll of Detective Constable Adrian Blunder newly...
Atari 8-bit (2012)
Błękitne Nimfy is a fantasy text adventure paragraph game. The objective of the game is it to free two sisters...
The year is 1928. The First World War has devastated the world. But life goes on, and people try to...
Simon (your alter ego) is a blind man who takes a journey through memories and emotions in search of truth:...
Windows 3.x (1996)
Blob Factory is a single player, freeware, side scrolling platform game.The eponymous Blob, a blue circle with feet, was relaxing...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.67 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.61 Museum Madness (1994)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.56 Life Is Strange: Episode 4 - Dark Room (2015)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
- 4.51 Biosys (1999)
- 4.49 Life Is Strange: Episode 3 - Chaos Theory (2015)
- 4.48 Lost Horizon (2010)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.