DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
In Boulder Match 4, the player has to collect money and other treasures, open secret doors, and fight against mysterious...
Atari ST (1990)
Bounty Hunter is an adventure game taking place in the wild west 1847 and you play the role of a...
Commodore 64 (1987)
You are a Bounty Hunter and you have beamed down to the planet Karakata with your starting point being Bodholm...
In the sequel to Bowja the Ninja: On Factory Island players once again control Bowja. This time his mission is...
Boyz Don't Cry is a Polish adventure game, a loose sequel to the popular Polish comedy movie "Chłopaki nie płaczą"....
Sharp X1 (1985)
The protagonist of the game was sent on the spaceship Zeppelin to a supposedly deserted planet. However, upon entering its...
The Overlord has enforced unjust laws throughout the kingdom of Braminar -- raising taxes, enslaving villages, and, worst of all,...
Brass Restauration is a Japanese visual novel about the orphan Takiguchi Ryo who loses his arm during a train accident....
This is gift edition of Pilots Brothers: On the Track of Striped Elephant, which includes: Pilots Brothers: On the Track...
The Breakdown is a short, freeware, point & click adventure game written in the style of the old Lucas Arts...
Nintendo DS (2008)
Breath: Toiki wa Akaneiro is an adventure game which has a visual novel style storytelling, but features plethora of various...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.67 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.61 Museum Madness (1994)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.56 Life Is Strange: Episode 4 - Dark Room (2015)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
- 4.51 Biosys (1999)
- 4.49 Life Is Strange: Episode 3 - Chaos Theory (2015)
- 4.48 Lost Horizon (2010)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.