DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
Case Closed: The Mirapolis Investigation is based on the ongoing manga Detective Conan by Gōshō Aoyama, serialized in Weekly Shōnen...
Case Noir is a free 2D click-and-point adventure game. It features an inventory and actions are can be controlled via...
Tom and Mavis were walking along the coast when they spotted a suspicious figure running towards Smugglers' Cove. Hmm, what...
Cassette 3 is a collection of eight games and programs which contains:Starship 'Trojan': You are the sole survivor when your...
Commodore 64 (1993)
"Castle" is an adventure game in which you are exploring a mysterious castle and its surroundings and are trying to...
Castle is a hidden-object murder mystery adventure game based on ABC Studios' TV Series with the same title, featuring Nathan...
After the evil wizard Wizardo kidnaps the princess Myrna Loo, the only villager brave enough to try to save her...
This game is like a cross between a Kroz game and a text adventure -- the player moves through a...
In Castle Adventure the player is trapped in a deserted castle and must escape, preferable with so much of the...
Castle Adventure is a text adventure with graphics showing a map of one of the two floors you are standing...
Commodore 64 (1985)
Your quest is to find and enter Count Dracula's castle, find the Count himself before killing him with a stake....
Commodore 16, Plus/4 (1985)
You are Baron Von Helsing on holiday in Transylvania with your wife, but after one night at an Inn your...
In a free literary adaptation of Shakespeare's Hamlet, this game offers the opportunity to explore the namesake castle from the...
Commodore 64 (1984)
In the mists of time, the necromantic Skull Lord attacked and defeated a race of Dwarves in a great battle...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games by as rated by our users:
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.06 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (1993)
- 3.75 Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders (1991)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 3.94 Myst III: Exile (2001)
- 3.91 Space Quest IV: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers (1991)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 3.93 Neuromancer (1988)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.