DLC / Add-on
DescriptionDownloadable content (DLC), expansions or add-ons are additional content created for a released video game. They are applied to the main game and require it to run, as the content cannot be played separately. The content can be a full expansion of the existing game, but also small additions such as currencies, enemies, extras (non-game elements such as soundtracks, wallpapers, beta access etc.), game modes, items, maps, outfits/skins, player units and so on.
Game entries using the genre DLC / Add-ons do not receive any other genres inherited from the main game, except when it introduces a new genre to the game, such as a new perspective, an editor or a new theme. This also needs to be mentioned in the game's description.
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 93 The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine
- 92 Galactic Civilizations II: Twilight of the Arnor
- 91 World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
- 91 Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne
- 91 Oh No! More Lemmings
- 91 Galactic Civilizations II: Dark Avatar
- 91 Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Vietnam
- 90 World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
- 90 The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone
- 90 Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.72 Star Wars: TIE Fighter - Defender of the Empire (1994)
- 4.70 World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria (2012)
- 4.69 Outlaws: Handful of Missions (1997)
- 4.65 Master Levels for DOOM II (1995)
- 4.60 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.49 Guild Wars: Eye of the North (2007)
- 4.48 Life Is Strange: Episode 4 - Dark Room (2015)
- 4.50 BioShock 2: Minerva's Den (2010)
- 4.47 Outlast: Whistleblower (2014)
- 4.46 StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm (2013)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.