DescriptionEducational games try to teach the player through playing. Usually intended for younger children, educational games offer a fun, indirect way to practice "non-fun" subjects like spelling, math, history, etc. Educational games are often called “Edutainment”.
Windows 3.x (1995)
Franklin’s Reading World is an educational computer game for ages four to seven that teaches reading skills featuring Franklin The...
Nintendo DS (2008)
Freddi Fish: ABC Under the Sea is an educational game for the Nintendo DS that teaches the alphabet. There are...
The playfield is represented by a ring, on the inside of which are thinkers, stickmen who produce ideas and knowledge,...
Apple II (1992)
Taking the role of an enslaved African American (either male or female) in the southern United States during 1830, the...
Similarly to the FreeRice game, this altruistic diversion also aims to get food to the hungry -- hungry dogs in...
Similarly to the FreeRice game and, more to the point, an extension of its successor Freekibble, this altruistic diversion also...
The name really says it all: this game is a quiz program presenting four multiple-choices to a question (originally synonyms...
Fritz 8, like previous versions, is a training tool for chess players of all levels. It includes tutorials and other...
Fritz Deluxe is a training tool for chess players of all levels. It includes tutorials and other in-game training aids...
The scene is set, resembling nothing so much as Space Invaders: you pilot a spaceship above three strategic targets, defending...
Commodore PET/CBM (1982)
Function Machine is an educational game in which the player inserts numbers into the machine. After a short animation of...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 91 Rocksmith: All-new 2014 Edition
- 91 Pajama Sam: No Need to Hide When It's Dark Outside
- 91 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 91 Fritz 8
- 91 Chessmaster 9000
- 90 Learn to Play Chess with Fritz & Chesster
- 90 I Spy Fantasy
- 90 Freddi Fish 5: The Case of the Creature of Coral Cove
- 87 SimEarth: The Living Planet
- 87 Rocksmith: All-new 2014 Edition
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.77 The Simpsons Cartoon Studio (1996)
- 4.61 Museum Madness (1994)
- 4.58 Quarky & Quaysoo's Turbo Science (1992)
- 4.37 Spy Fox in "Dry Cereal" (1997)
- 4.36 Freddi Fish 3: The Case of the Stolen Conch Shell (1998)
- 4.29 The Pink Panther: Hokus Pokus Pink (1998)
- 4.24 Spy Fox 2: "Some Assembly Required" (1999)
- 4.19 Freddi Fish 2: The Case of the Haunted Schoolhouse (1996)
- 4.18 Super Munchers: The Challenge Continues... (1991)
- 4.17 Star Wars: Yoda's Challenge - Activity Center (1999)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.