DescriptionFighting games allow players to engage in melee arena combat. Usually one-on-one, but team fighting games also exist. Fights continue until one of the characters or teams is knocked out. Additional endings may include being forced out of the arena/ring or a time limit. Fighting games should not be confused with Beat ‘em Ups / Brawlers which feature more overwhelming odds in the form of many less powerful antagonists.
|Viewing Page 1 of 79||(items 1-25 of 1960)||Next|
2001 Alien Combat is a one-on-one beat 'em up game. The player controls a blue humanoid and must defeat alien...
Atari 2600 (1988)
This was a cart that was released in PAL format in Europe, Australia and New Zealand. Most were the pack...
3 Foot Ninja is a game where the player needs to fight and defeat his enemies and collect all the...
Nintendo 64 (1997)
64 Ōzumō is a sumo wrestling game. As in the original sport, goal of the relatively short matches (measured in...
Abalaburn is a 3D fighting game from Tamsoft, makers of the Toshinden franchise. A group of warriors have gathered to...
Abobo's Big Adventure is a parody tribute to well-known and loved games of the NES era. Players control Abobo, an...
In Achilles, the player takes control of the famed Achilles in a side-scrolling hack-and-slash game where the main goal of...
Xbox 360 (2010)
Action Arcade Wrestling is as the title suggests a arcade style wrestling game that allows the player to customize his...
Action Man was originally a popular toy action figure, the U.K.'s version of G.I. Joe, before becoming a more generic...
V.G. is the annual fighting tournament to find the strongest woman, sponsored by the Jahana Group and with a prize...
ZX Spectrum (1986)
A mad professor has kidnapped the President, and the ransom note says he plans to turn him into a war-mongering...
Arrgh! Have you ever wanted to live the life of a pirate? Well here's your chance to jump into this...
The game allows the player to program the artificial intelligence of a robotic insect like war machines called 'Cybugs'. Cybugs...
Alien Challenge is a 2D versus fighting game in which you take control of one of eight eight fallen gods...
All Star Karate consists of three game modes through which the player gets to experience the life of a karate...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 96 SoulCalibur
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 94 Tekken 3
- 94 Street Fighter II Turbo
- 93 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 93 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium
- 93 Samurai Shodown II
- 92 Virtua Fighter 2
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.73 Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium (1996)
- 4.53 Mortal Kombat X (2015)
- 4.50 Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)
- 4.48 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium (1999)
- 4.48 Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014)
- 4.42 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2009)
- 4.39 The King of Fighters XIII (2010)
- 4.39 Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure (2004)
- 4.38 Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (2011)
- 4.37 Uncharted: Golden Abyss (2011)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Fighting is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hack and Slash
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction