DescriptionFighting games allow players to engage in melee arena combat. Usually one-on-one, but team fighting games also exist. Fights continue until one of the characters or teams is knocked out. Additional endings may include being forced out of the arena/ring or a time limit. Fighting games should not be confused with Beat ‘em Ups / Brawlers which feature more overwhelming odds in the form of many less powerful antagonists.
Magical Battle Festa is unique 3D arena-based fighting game in near fantasy-future, when humanity discovers magic. The player controls a...
Grab your robe and magic staff because war has come to the land.Magicka: Wizard Wars is a player versus player...
Majewelune World is a freeware 2D fighting game made by the Japanese coder Retsuzan. Rules are easy - players choose...
Some of the strongest people in Japan and even in the world underwent rigorous training at the temple in Kawakami...
ZX Spectrum (1986)
Mantronix is an arcade game where the player controls a small robot and must use it to explore an alien...
MapleStory is a F2P (free to play) 2D side-scrolling fantasy MMORPG set in Maple World. There are several different servers...
A simple platform game. However, this game is ONLY playable with 2 people. There is no single player - But...
Martial Arts: Capoeira is a game that combines the "capoeira" fighting style with RPG elements, like endurance, stamina, strength and...
Martial Masters is a 2D versus fighting game set in at the end of the Qing Dynasty , in which...
Nintendo DS (2005)
Marvel Nemesis, the fighting game that pits Marvel Comics' most famous characters against the Imperfects created by Electronic Arts, received...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 96 SoulCalibur
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 94 Tekken 3
- 94 Street Fighter II Turbo
- 93 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 93 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium
- 93 Samurai Shodown II
- 92 Virtua Fighter 2
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.73 Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium (1996)
- 4.53 Mortal Kombat X (2015)
- 4.50 Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)
- 4.48 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium (1999)
- 4.44 Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014)
- 4.39 The King of Fighters XIII (2010)
- 4.39 Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure (2004)
- 4.37 God of War Collection (2009)
- 4.37 Uncharted: Golden Abyss (2011)
- 4.36 Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars (2008)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Fighting is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hack and Slash
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Puzzle elements
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction