DescriptionFighting games allow players to engage in melee arena combat. Usually one-on-one, but team fighting games also exist. Fights continue until one of the characters or teams is knocked out. Additional endings may include being forced out of the arena/ring or a time limit. Fighting games should not be confused with Beat ‘em Ups / Brawlers which feature more overwhelming odds in the form of many less powerful antagonists.
Nintendo DS (2005)
Marvel Nemesis, the fighting game that pits Marvel Comics' most famous characters against the Imperfects created by Electronic Arts, received...
Marvel Nemesis, the game that has Marvel Comics' greatest superheroes face off against Electronic Arts' newly created Imperfects, comes to...
Marvel Super Heroes in War of the Gems is a side-scrolling platformer/beat 'em up based on the Infinity Gauntlet storyline...
Marvel Super Hero Squad Online is a browser-based MMO in which players control characters from the Marvel Universe. Players can...
Game Boy Advance (2006)
The handheld version of Marvel Ultimate Alliance, like its console counterparts, has the player taking control over one of a...
Nintendo DS (2009)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 shrinks the console game to fit on Nintendo's handheld. It is still in 3D and played...
Xbox 360 (2007)
This gold edition is a re-release of Marvel Ultimate Alliance with eight additional downloadable characters for the original game now...
SEGA CD (1994)
Mary Shelly's Frankenstein is an adventure/fighting hybrid based on the 1994 film of the same name. You play as Frankenstein's...
Master Axe is a classic beat-'em-up game where you pick a character and fight 1-on-1 with another character controlled by...
Game Boy (1989)
As a master in karate and the sole survivor of your village, you must confront the evil Akuma and defeat...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 96 SoulCalibur
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 94 Tekken 3
- 94 Street Fighter II Turbo
- 94 Ninja Gaiden Black
- 93 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 93 Samurai Shodown II
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Street Fighter IV
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.50 Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)
- 4.48 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium (1999)
- 4.48 Mortal Kombat X (2015)
- 4.47 Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014)
- 4.40 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2009)
- 4.39 Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure (2004)
- 4.36 Dark Savior (1996)
- 4.36 Samurai Shodown IV: Amakusa's Revenge (1996)
- 4.35 Sid Meier's Pirates! (Limited Edition) (2004)
- 4.34 Batman Returns (1993)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Fighting is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Interactive Fiction with Graphics [DEPRECATED]
- Interactive Movie
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Video Backdrop
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction