DescriptionFighting games allow players to engage in melee arena combat. Usually one-on-one, but team fighting games also exist. Fights continue until one of the characters or teams is knocked out. Additional endings may include being forced out of the arena/ring or a time limit. Fighting games should not be confused with Beat ‘em Ups / Brawlers which feature more overwhelming odds in the form of many less powerful antagonists.
Marvel Super Hero Squad Online is a browser-based MMO in which players control characters from the Marvel Universe. Players can...
Game Boy Advance (2006)
The handheld version of Marvel Ultimate Alliance, like its console counterparts, has the player taking control over one of a...
Nintendo DS (2009)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 shrinks the console game to fit on Nintendo's handheld. It is still in 3D and played...
SEGA CD (1994)
Mary Shelly's Frankenstein is an adventure/fighting hybrid based on the 1994 film of the same name. You play as Frankenstein's...
Master Axe is a classic beat-'em-up game where you pick a character and fight 1-on-1 with another character controlled by...
Game Boy (1989)
As a master in karate and the sole survivor of your village, you must confront the evil Akuma and defeat...
Mattel Interactive continues their Dreamcast assault with Max Steel, an action/adventure title based on the hit-rendered TV program of the...
Medieval Combat: Age of Glory is Gameloft's first side-scrolling 2D beat-em-up. No background story is offered, just seven fantasy-styled characters...
Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters is 2D arcade fighting/shooting game, the sequel to Mega Man: The Power Battle .The...
Mega Man: The Power Battle is a 2D arcade game. Basically, MM:TPB is fighting game - but characters use various...
It is the year 2096, and the Megatudo Grand Prix is on! 12 pilots from 12 manufacturers, each with their...
The events of this game take place one year after those described in Tsukihime, continuing to focus on the series'...
PlayStation 2 (2006)
Melty Blood: Act Cadenza is a version of Melty Blood based on the arcade conversion of the same name. The...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 96 SoulCalibur
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 94 Tekken 3
- 94 Street Fighter II Turbo
- 93 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 93 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium
- 93 Samurai Shodown II
- 92 Virtua Fighter 2
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.73 Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium (1996)
- 4.55 Mortal Kombat X (2015)
- 4.50 Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)
- 4.48 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium (1999)
- 4.44 Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014)
- 4.39 The King of Fighters XIII (2010)
- 4.39 Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure (2004)
- 4.37 God of War Collection (2009)
- 4.37 Uncharted: Golden Abyss (2011)
- 4.36 Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars (2008)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Fighting is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hack and Slash
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Puzzle elements
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction