DescriptionFighting games allow players to engage in melee arena combat. Usually one-on-one, but team fighting games also exist. Fights continue until one of the characters or teams is knocked out. Additional endings may include being forced out of the arena/ring or a time limit. Fighting games should not be confused with Beat ‘em Ups / Brawlers which feature more overwhelming odds in the form of many less powerful antagonists.
The Mission’, offers gamers the opportunity to play as some of the greatest footballers in the world. The aim of...
Mobile Suit Gundam is a Street Fighter II-style fighting game based on the original 1979 television series of the franchise.Players...
Mobile Suit Gundam: EX Revue is an updated version of the first Gundam fighting game. Like its predecessor, it is...
Game Boy Advance (2004)
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed: Battle Assault pits eight (plus four unlockable) Alliance and ZAFT pilots against each other in armored...
An Olympic judo tournament is being held which will have the best judo practitioners competing against each other. Before being...
Game Boy Color (2000)
Monkey Puncher is a game where the goal is to train a monkey to fight in boxing matches in order...
Monmallineun Tarokbeom tells the story of a man who crossed the street on a red light and got arrested and...
Monster Maulers is a 2D fighting game, similar to Red Earth or Metamoqester. The player chooses one from 3 characters...
Monster Rancher 2 is at heart an arena fighting game with a lot of ancillary game play thrown in. As...
PlayStation 2 (2001)
Monster raising and creature contests move into the 128-bit generation as the popular Tecmo series sets up shop on the...
Game Boy Advance (2001)
Monster Rancher Advance is a monster-raising simulation that allows players to raise and customize 440 monster types. These monsters can...
Game Boy Advance (2002)
Monster Rancher Advance 2 is a monster raising sim where players can raise, battle, explore with any of 512 monsters....
Nintendo DS (2008)
Monster Rancher is one of the longest running monster-breeding game series of all time, comparable even to the Pokémon franchise....
Dedicated console (2004)
Mortal Kombat is a Plug & Play TV port of the arcade version of Mortal Kombat.
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 96 SoulCalibur
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 94 Tekken 3
- 94 Street Fighter II Turbo
- 93 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 93 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium
- 93 Samurai Shodown II
- 92 Virtua Fighter 2
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.73 Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium (1996)
- 4.53 Mortal Kombat X (2015)
- 4.50 Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)
- 4.48 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium (1999)
- 4.48 Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014)
- 4.42 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2009)
- 4.39 The King of Fighters XIII (2010)
- 4.39 Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure (2004)
- 4.37 Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (2011)
- 4.37 Uncharted: Golden Abyss (2011)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Fighting is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hack and Slash
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction