DescriptionFighting games allow players to engage in melee arena combat. Usually one-on-one, but team fighting games also exist. Fights continue until one of the characters or teams is knocked out. Additional endings may include being forced out of the arena/ring or a time limit. Fighting games should not be confused with Beat ‘em Ups / Brawlers which feature more overwhelming odds in the form of many less powerful antagonists.
Game Boy Color (1999)
Once upon a time, the thunder god Raiden fought against another god called Shinnok who wanted to conquer the universe....
Game Boy Advance (2002)
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance on the Game Boy Advance adapts the console game of the same name to the portable...
The first and only Mortal Kombat title to make onto the Dreamcast console, Mortal Kombat Gold offered players a carbon-copy...
DOS (1994), PlayStation (1996), Game Boy (1994), SNES (1994), Genesis (1994), Amiga (1994), SEGA 32X (1995), SEGA Saturn (1996), Game Gear (1994), SEGA Master System (1994), PlayStation 3 (2007) and Arcade (1993)
The Mortal Kombat fighters, plus several new ones, return for a tournament held by the evil Shang Tsung of the...
Game Boy (1998)
This compilation combines the Game Boy versions of: Mortal Kombat Mortal Kombat II
Take on the role of Mortal Kombat® character Jax, as you descend into the realm of Mortal Kombat in search...
Game Boy Advance (2003)
This semi-sequel to Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance brings together a handful of the previous characters with a host of new...
Mortal Kombat: Unchained is the portable equivalent of the console game Mortal Kombat: Deception. It contains all the characters from...
Mortal Kumquat III (a.k.a. Fruit Fighter II Turbo G.T.I. XL 4x4) is a fighting game parody for the Amiga. It...
Mount&Blade is an open-ended, nonlinear game focused on realistic medieval warfare that combines RPG elements with strategy management, exploration of...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 96 SoulCalibur
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 94 Tekken 3
- 94 Street Fighter II Turbo
- 93 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 93 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium
- 93 Samurai Shodown II
- 92 Virtua Fighter 2
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.73 Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium (1996)
- 4.53 Mortal Kombat X (2015)
- 4.50 Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)
- 4.48 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium (1999)
- 4.48 Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014)
- 4.42 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2009)
- 4.39 The King of Fighters XIII (2010)
- 4.39 Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure (2004)
- 4.38 Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (2011)
- 4.37 Uncharted: Golden Abyss (2011)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Fighting is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hack and Slash
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction