DescriptionFighting games allow players to engage in melee arena combat. Usually one-on-one, but team fighting games also exist. Fights continue until one of the characters or teams is knocked out. Additional endings may include being forced out of the arena/ring or a time limit. Fighting games should not be confused with Beat ‘em Ups / Brawlers which feature more overwhelming odds in the form of many less powerful antagonists.
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds is the sequel to One Must Fall: 2097. It is set several years after the original,...
PlayStation 2 (2002)
Ten years after the lone swordsman, Samanosuke, rose up against an army of demon warriors, Nobunaga's evil campaign continues to...
PlayStation 2 (2003)
Onimusha Blade Warriors is a multiplayer fighting game based on the first two games of the Onimusha series. Familiar elements...
Agent George, a CIA agent, is sent to Iraq and Kuwait to save the oil refineries in the Gulf and...
PlayStation 2 (2006)
This is a special release of Nekketsu Kouha: Kunio Kun for the PlayStation 2 system. This package contains the original...
Oriental Legend or Xi You Shi E Zhuan is a 2D side-scrolling fighting game with cartoon graphics, based on an...
OSman is a 2D side-scrolling platform beat 'em-up game that puts players in the shoes of an acrobatic martial arts...
Somewhere deep in the city of Osaka, there's a notorious sports club known for producing some of Osaka's most notorious...
A shadowy figure known only as Mr. Acme has hired seven hitmen to eliminate seven big-time art collectors - and...
This is a two-game value pack which contains the following games: Outlaw Golf Darkened Skye
A Blockbuster Video Exclusive game for the 2003 Halloween season. This acts like a demo for those not familiar with...
PlayStation 2 (2005)
Outlaw Volleyball: Remixed is a port of Outlaw Volleyball. It includes all the content of the Xbox version, plus two...
Overkill is a Mortal Kombat-esque fighting game featuring human, alien, and robot characters in a futuristic/space setting. The characters and...
This is a budget edition of the original game. It only has 12 of the levels that came with the...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 96 SoulCalibur
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 94 Tekken 3
- 94 Street Fighter II Turbo
- 93 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 93 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium
- 93 Samurai Shodown II
- 92 Virtua Fighter 2
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.73 Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium (1996)
- 4.54 Mortal Kombat X (2015)
- 4.50 Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)
- 4.48 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium (1999)
- 4.44 Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014)
- 4.39 The King of Fighters XIII (2010)
- 4.39 Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure (2004)
- 4.37 God of War Collection (2009)
- 4.37 Uncharted: Golden Abyss (2011)
- 4.36 Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars (2008)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Fighting is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hack and Slash
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Puzzle elements
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction