DescriptionFighting games allow players to engage in melee arena combat. Usually one-on-one, but team fighting games also exist. Fights continue until one of the characters or teams is knocked out. Additional endings may include being forced out of the arena/ring or a time limit. Fighting games should not be confused with Beat ‘em Ups / Brawlers which feature more overwhelming odds in the form of many less powerful antagonists.
An evil robotic army invades city after city and nothing seems to stop them, that is until fighting hero Kou...
It's the year 2015 and the most powerful organization of the planet, a company named Deutschland Moldavia, is threatening to...
Pee & Gity Special is a sequel to Pee & Gity. Visually, the game is nearly identical to its predecessor....
Perkele!: Suomi 100 Vuotta is a collection of three games created in celebration of the 100 year anniversary of Finland's...
Nintendo DS (2005)
Jack Driscoll, scriptwriter, follows director Carl Dernham and actress Ann Darrow to Skull Island where Dernham intends to film his...
Based on the 1985 Hong Kong movie, "Mr. Vampire", Phantom Fighter puts the player in the role of a Chinese...
Nintendo DSi (2010)
Photo Dojo is a 2-D fighting game developed by Nintendo. It's main point is to create a fighter by putting...
Pikubi 2: Rainbow Attack! is the sequel of Pikubi. You are controlling the same big "bubble gum" like bird trying...
The watery world of Mer is threatened by the deadly Dark Water. Prince Ren and his companions must find the...
Nintendo DS (2006)
"Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" for the Nintendo DS is a fast-paced swashbuckling brawler game that allows players...
Pirates PlundArrr is a side-scrolling beat em' up fantasy adventure game wherein you play as a pirate plundering the land...
DOS (1991), Game Boy (1992), SNES (1991), Genesis (1991), Lynx (1992), Amiga (1991), Atari ST (1991), SEGA Master System (1991), Commodore 64 (1991), ZX Spectrum (1991), Amstrad CPC (1991) and Arcade (1990)
Pit-Fighter is a 3rd-person fight game that features digitized graphics of real fighters and zooming effects. Players select one of...
As the backstory has it, King Reginald Hornbluff of Regal City revives his realm's sagging economy and restores order to...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 96 SoulCalibur
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 94 Tekken 3
- 94 Street Fighter II Turbo
- 93 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 93 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium
- 93 Samurai Shodown II
- 92 Virtua Fighter 2
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.73 Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium (1996)
- 4.54 Mortal Kombat X (2015)
- 4.52 Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)
- 4.48 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium (1999)
- 4.44 Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014)
- 4.43 The King of Fighters XIII (2010)
- 4.39 Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure (2004)
- 4.37 God of War Collection (2009)
- 4.37 Uncharted: Golden Abyss (2011)
- 4.36 Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars (2008)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Fighting is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hack and Slash
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Puzzle elements
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction