DescriptionFighting games allow players to engage in melee arena combat. Usually one-on-one, but team fighting games also exist. Fights continue until one of the characters or teams is knocked out. Additional endings may include being forced out of the arena/ring or a time limit. Fighting games should not be confused with Beat ‘em Ups / Brawlers which feature more overwhelming odds in the form of many less powerful antagonists.
Redmoon is a Massively Multiplayer Online Game set in an anime-style Science-Fantasy world. Based on an 18 volume comic book...
TurboGrafx CD (1995)
Renny Blaster is a beat-em-up in which the player can choose to control either the paranormal private investigator Fujiro Yarai,...
In an epic fantasy land 3 warriors will have to join their forces in a quest to defeat a demonic...
Retro City Rampage is an open-world game inspired by the Grand Theft Auto series that combines driving with fighting and...
Game Boy Color (2001)
Return of the Ninja is a side-scrolling platformer with stealth elements set in Japan. On a day when Tsukikage and...
SEGA CD (1994)
Revengers of Vengeance is a combination of RPG, vertical shooter, and fighting game with a fantasy/anime style. There are ten...
This game comes at you with a Fantastic Voyage tale of a microsurgeon miniaturized to a near-microscopic scale in order...
Colonel Dahar, leader of the Mars Imperial Army, has brought his forces to attack Earth, seeking to take the remains...
Riding Fight is a futuristic crime themed auto move beat 'em-up game that puts the player in the shoes of...
Atari 8-bit (1992)
Riot is a side-scrolling beat'em up game set in a gypsy neighborhood. The character walks to the right and engages...
PlayStation 2 (2004)
Kit Yun (character model after Jet Li), is an undercover Hong Kong police officer, tasked to protect Chiang, a boss...
PlayStation 4 (2017)
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 96 SoulCalibur
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 94 Tekken 3
- 94 Street Fighter II Turbo
- 93 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 93 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium
- 93 Samurai Shodown II
- 92 Virtua Fighter 2
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.73 Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium (1996)
- 4.53 Mortal Kombat X (2015)
- 4.50 Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)
- 4.48 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium (1999)
- 4.48 Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014)
- 4.42 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2009)
- 4.39 The King of Fighters XIII (2010)
- 4.39 Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure (2004)
- 4.38 Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (2011)
- 4.37 Uncharted: Golden Abyss (2011)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Fighting is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hack and Slash
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction