DescriptionFighting games allow players to engage in melee arena combat. Usually one-on-one, but team fighting games also exist. Fights continue until one of the characters or teams is knocked out. Additional endings may include being forced out of the arena/ring or a time limit. Fighting games should not be confused with Beat ‘em Ups / Brawlers which feature more overwhelming odds in the form of many less powerful antagonists.
Linux (2015), DOS (2015), Windows (2012), PSP (2016), Xbox 360 (2013), Macintosh (2014), PlayStation 3 (2012), Wii (2013), Nintendo 3DS (2014), PS Vita (2012), PlayStation 4 (2014) and Nintendo Switch (2017)
Retro City Rampage is an open-world game inspired by the Grand Theft Auto series that combines driving with fighting and...
Game Boy Color (2001)
Return of the Ninja is a side-scrolling platformer with stealth elements set in Japan. On a day when Tsukikage and...
SEGA CD (1994)
Revengers of Vengeance is a combination of RPG, vertical shooter, and fighting game with a fantasy/anime style. There are ten...
This game comes at you with a Fantastic Voyage tale of a microsurgeon miniaturized to a near-microscopic scale in order...
Colonel Dahar, leader of the Mars Imperial Army, has brought his forces to attack Earth, seeking to take the remains...
Riding Fight is a futuristic crime themed auto move beat 'em-up game that puts the player in the shoes of...
Atari 8-bit (1992)
Riot is a side-scrolling beat'em up game set in a gypsy neighborhood. The character walks to the right and engages...
PlayStation 2 (2004)
Kit Yun (character model after Jet Li), is an undercover Hong Kong police officer, tasked to protect Chiang, a boss...
When given a large amount of electronic parts, what's your first instinct? Use them to build robots and make them...
Robo-Pit 2 is, like its predecessor, a fighting game where robots battle it out in an arena. The game starts...
Robot Arena: Design & Destroy is a PC game of robotic construction and combat. It is a sequel to the...
Game Boy Advance (2006)
Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots is a handheld fighting game based on the toy line of the same name. It's...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 96 SoulCalibur
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 94 Tekken 3
- 94 Street Fighter II Turbo
- 93 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 93 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium
- 93 Samurai Shodown II
- 92 Virtua Fighter 2
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.73 Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium (1996)
- 4.53 Mortal Kombat X (2015)
- 4.50 Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)
- 4.48 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium (1999)
- 4.48 Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014)
- 4.39 The King of Fighters XIII (2010)
- 4.39 Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure (2004)
- 4.37 Uncharted: Golden Abyss (2011)
- 4.36 Dark Savior (1996)
- 4.36 Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars (2008)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Fighting is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hack and Slash
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction