DescriptionFighting games allow players to engage in melee arena combat. Usually one-on-one, but team fighting games also exist. Fights continue until one of the characters or teams is knocked out. Additional endings may include being forced out of the arena/ring or a time limit. Fighting games should not be confused with Beat ‘em Ups / Brawlers which feature more overwhelming odds in the form of many less powerful antagonists.
When given a large amount of electronic parts, what's your first instinct? Use them to build robots and make them...
Robo-Pit 2 is, like its predecessor, a fighting game where robots battle it out in an arena. The game starts...
Robot Arena: Design & Destroy is a PC game of robotic construction and combat. It is a sequel to the...
Game Boy Advance (2006)
Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots is a handheld fighting game based on the toy line of the same name. It's...
With the revival of the old toyline comes a fighting game bearing the same name. Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots...
SEGA stuck bits of soccer, racing, and rockets to create this game. Ride rockets and compete against other jockeys in...
Neo Geo Pocket Color (2000)
Rockman: Battle & Fighters is a portable, stripped-down compilation of two arcade fighting games: Mega Man: The Power Battle Mega...
PlayStation 2 (2004)
Rockman Power Battle Fighters is a Japanese-exclusive compilation which features the two arcade-only entries in the series:Rockman: The Power BattleRockman...
It's another sold out show for one of the world's greatest rock bands - but this night is far from...
Rocky Balboa is a boxing game inspired by the motion picture of the same name. Rocky Balboa for the PSP...
The day after Reiko marries into the patrician Tsubakikoji family her beloved husband dies, leaving her with nothing but a...
Rose & Camellia 2 is the sequel to Rose & Camellia. It is set one year after the events of...
Rumble Box is an indie beat-em-up where all of the characters are made of basic geometric objects, like cubes and...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 96 SoulCalibur
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 94 Tekken 3
- 94 Street Fighter II Turbo
- 94 Ninja Gaiden Black
- 93 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 93 Samurai Shodown II
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Street Fighter IV
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.50 Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)
- 4.48 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium (1999)
- 4.48 Mortal Kombat X (2015)
- 4.47 Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014)
- 4.40 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2009)
- 4.39 Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure (2004)
- 4.36 Dark Savior (1996)
- 4.36 Yakuza 2 (2006)
- 4.36 Samurai Shodown IV: Amakusa's Revenge (1996)
- 4.35 Sid Meier's Pirates! (Limited Edition) (2004)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Fighting is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hidden object
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Interactive Fiction with Graphics [DEPRECATED]
- Interactive Movie
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Video Backdrop
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction