DescriptionFighting games allow players to engage in melee arena combat. Usually one-on-one, but team fighting games also exist. Fights continue until one of the characters or teams is knocked out. Additional endings may include being forced out of the arena/ring or a time limit. Fighting games should not be confused with Beat ‘em Ups / Brawlers which feature more overwhelming odds in the form of many less powerful antagonists.
Simple Character 2000 Series Vol.10: Sakigake!! Otokojuku: The Dodge Ball is a dodge ball game based on Akira Miyashita's popular...
Samudai is a 2D fighting game, similar in style to Super Smash Bros and multiplayer oriented. The players controls "samurai-cats",...
Samurai is a 2D arcade fighting game. The main character is a samurai who fights with several opponents in an...
PlayStation 2 (2006)
Samurai Champloo: Sidetracked is based on the TV show of the same name, with the characters from the show, Mugen,...
Game Boy Advance (2003)
Based on the Cartoon Network animated series, Samurai Jack has been sent to another place in time by his nemesis...
Game Boy (1994), SNES (1994), Genesis (1994), SEGA CD (1993), Game Gear (1994), 3DO (1994), Neo Geo (1993), PSP (2011), Neo Geo Pocket (1998), Neo Geo CD (1994), PlayStation 3 (2010), Wii (2007), FM Towns (1995) and Arcade (1993)
In early feudal Japan, a man named Shiro Tokisada Amakusa preaches a heretic religion. Little does anyone know that Amakusa...
SEGA Saturn (1998)
Samurai Spirits Best Collection is a pack including Samurai Shodown III: Blades of Blood and Samurai Shodown IV: Amakusa's Revenge....
Samurai Warriors: State of War is a hand-held port of the Samurai Warriors series and a continuation of the Dynasty...
PlayStation 2 (2005)
Samurai Gojiro Kiryuu comes to the American West in search of his brother. His journey takes him to a corrupt...
The story takes place during the month of December in 1858 in 19th century Canada. Two feuding brothers must come...
Sango Fighter 2 is a follow-up to Sango Fighter. Like the previous game, it is a versus fighting game set...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 96 SoulCalibur
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 94 Tekken 3
- 94 Street Fighter II Turbo
- 94 Ninja Gaiden Black
- 93 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 93 Samurai Shodown II
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Street Fighter IV
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.50 Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)
- 4.48 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium (1999)
- 4.48 Mortal Kombat X (2015)
- 4.47 Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014)
- 4.40 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2009)
- 4.39 Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure (2004)
- 4.36 Dark Savior (1996)
- 4.36 Samurai Shodown IV: Amakusa's Revenge (1996)
- 4.35 Sid Meier's Pirates! (Limited Edition) (2004)
- 4.34 Batman Returns (1993)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Fighting is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Interactive Fiction with Graphics [DEPRECATED]
- Interactive Movie
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction