DescriptionFighting games allow players to engage in melee arena combat. Usually one-on-one, but team fighting games also exist. Fights continue until one of the characters or teams is knocked out. Additional endings may include being forced out of the arena/ring or a time limit. Fighting games should not be confused with Beat ‘em Ups / Brawlers which feature more overwhelming odds in the form of many less powerful antagonists.
The Black Heart is a freeware 2D fighting game, based on the MUGEN engine. The story and characters are inspired...
Commodore 64 (1991)
Black Panther is a one on one fighting game similar to Way of the Exploding Fist or International Karate. Press...
Up to 4 players battle through various environments, fighting off endless waves of enemies and using magic and melee attacks...
Buffy, move out of the way. Activision brings the original vampire hunter with an attitude to the PlayStation. Based on...
Blade is a 3D duel swordfighting game. The player can choose three characters: Kurogane, Kyouji and Sirou (and one boss...
Game Boy Color (2000)
Blade for Game Boy Color is a 2D side-scrolling action game inspired by the 1998 film of the same name....
In BC 1044, Emperor Jo sets fire to himself when invaders destroy his country. Emperor Jo's grand wizard Wen creates...
Nintendo DSi (2010)
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift continues shortly after the happenings of BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger. It also continues the tradition that the actual...
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend is an updated version of PS3/Xbox 360 game BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend. It adds the BlazBlue...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 96 SoulCalibur
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 94 Tekken 3
- 94 Street Fighter II Turbo
- 93 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 93 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium
- 93 Samurai Shodown II
- 92 Virtua Fighter 2
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.73 Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium (1996)
- 4.53 Mortal Kombat X (2015)
- 4.50 Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)
- 4.48 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium (1999)
- 4.48 Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014)
- 4.42 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2009)
- 4.39 The King of Fighters XIII (2010)
- 4.39 Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure (2004)
- 4.38 Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (2011)
- 4.37 Uncharted: Golden Abyss (2011)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Fighting is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hack and Slash
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction