DescriptionFighting games allow players to engage in melee arena combat. Usually one-on-one, but team fighting games also exist. Fights continue until one of the characters or teams is knocked out. Additional endings may include being forced out of the arena/ring or a time limit. Fighting games should not be confused with Beat ‘em Ups / Brawlers which feature more overwhelming odds in the form of many less powerful antagonists.
One of the first games produced in Russia after the collapse of the Soviet Union, Sobor is a beat-em-up featuring...
Baldrfist is a hybrid of an overhead shooter and a fighting game. It is set in the same universe as...
Game Boy Advance (2003)
Sonic Battle is a fast paced pseudo-fighting game, akin to Super Smash Brothers from Nintendo. Rather than being 3D side-scrolling,...
You take on the role of Sonic Blast Man, a superhero, in this side-scrolling shooter, fighting against various forms of...
PlayStation 2 (2006)
The Sopranos: Road to Respect is a third person action-adventure game based on the popular HBO series "The Sopranos".In the...
Soulcalibur Legends is a spin-off of the one-on-one Soul series. It is a 3D action game in which the player...
Pick the warrior, thief, or wizard, and fight through five huge levels, each with its own boss. Your main weapons...
Somewhat more faithful to the plot of the movie than the first Spartan X game, it attempts to tell the...
Game Boy Color (1999)
Based on the popular Todd McFarlane comic book, Spawn sends the titular hero through four stages of combat. He must...
Spawn: The Eternal is based on Todd McFarlane's Spawn comics. The game switches back and forth between two styles of...
Nintendo DS (2007)
Junior Nanairo Interplanetary Patrol officers Rallen and Jeena are on a routine mission when they hear a strange distress call....
The wrestlers of the Smashing Potatoes Federation fight in a tournament for the world heavyweight championship belt. Each wrestler must...
The PSP received its own adaptation of the superhero sequel Spider-Man 2. Unlike the console version with its open-world design,...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 96 SoulCalibur
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 94 Tekken 3
- 94 Street Fighter II Turbo
- 93 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 93 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium
- 93 Samurai Shodown II
- 92 Virtua Fighter 2
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.73 Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium (1996)
- 4.54 Mortal Kombat X (2015)
- 4.52 Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)
- 4.48 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium (1999)
- 4.44 Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014)
- 4.43 The King of Fighters XIII (2010)
- 4.39 Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure (2004)
- 4.37 God of War Collection (2009)
- 4.37 Uncharted: Golden Abyss (2011)
- 4.36 Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars (2008)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Fighting is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hack and Slash
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Puzzle elements
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction