DescriptionFighting games allow players to engage in melee arena combat. Usually one-on-one, but team fighting games also exist. Fights continue until one of the characters or teams is knocked out. Additional endings may include being forced out of the arena/ring or a time limit. Fighting games should not be confused with Beat ‘em Ups / Brawlers which feature more overwhelming odds in the form of many less powerful antagonists.
Game Gear (1992)
The second Shinobi game for the Game Gear, it’s a 2D side-scrolling platform game with basic strategy elements. You have...
SEGA Saturn (1995)
A ninjitsu master trains three children: two brothers, Kazuma and Sho, and his own daughter Aya. As they grow up,...
In the first sequel to Rival Schools, once again the halls of Taiyo High School are rocked by an evil...
First next-gen entry in the Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-kun brawler series. The story this time deals with the Nekketsu High gang...
Shogun Warriors is a 2D versus fighting game in which you take control of one of eight fighters based on...
PlayStation 2 (2003)
Based off Masashi Kishimoto's manga and anime Naruto, Ultimate Ninja is the first installment of the Ultimate Ninja series, known...
PlayStation 2 (2004)
Based on Masashi Kishimoto’s manga (and anime adaptation later) Naruto, Ultimate Ninja 2 is the second installment of the Ultimate...
Shonen Jump's Naruto: Clash of Ninja is a cel-shaded one-on-one fighting game based on the manga/anime of the same name...
Game Boy Color (2001)
In this Street Fighter 2-style 2D one-on-one beat 'em up, you can choose to play as characters from the movie...
Game Boy Advance (2003)
Shrek: Reekin' Havoc is a 2D beat'em up game set in the Shrek universe. The action takes place after the...
Classical Chinese literature comes to life in this game (the title can be translated as The Liangshan Heroes of Water...
The Limited Edition of Pirates came out in a bigger carton box which contains the game on 2 CDs, a...
The player will fight as either Red Beard or One Eye through various pirate themed levels, like ships and forts,...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 96 SoulCalibur
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 94 Tekken 3
- 94 Street Fighter II Turbo
- 94 Ninja Gaiden Black
- 93 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 93 Samurai Shodown II
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Street Fighter IV
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.50 Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)
- 4.48 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium (1999)
- 4.48 Mortal Kombat X (2015)
- 4.47 Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014)
- 4.40 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2009)
- 4.39 Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure (2004)
- 4.36 Dark Savior (1996)
- 4.36 Samurai Shodown IV: Amakusa's Revenge (1996)
- 4.35 Sid Meier's Pirates! (Limited Edition) (2004)
- 4.34 Batman Returns (1993)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Fighting is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hidden object
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Interactive Fiction with Graphics [DEPRECATED]
- Interactive Movie
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Video Backdrop
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction