DescriptionFighting games allow players to engage in melee arena combat. Usually one-on-one, but team fighting games also exist. Fights continue until one of the characters or teams is knocked out. Additional endings may include being forced out of the arena/ring or a time limit. Fighting games should not be confused with Beat ‘em Ups / Brawlers which feature more overwhelming odds in the form of many less powerful antagonists.
The exciting pace of Street Fighter II set arcades on fire when it was released, but took its sweet time...
Stone Protectors is a an action game where each character has different weapons, all from melée to long-range weapons such...
Commodore 64 (1984)
You play as a Templar-style Knight, the Storm Warrior, through various different style levels (or mini-games) including an opening gladiatorial...
PlayStation 2 (2004)
Gouki, the leader of the Hell Black Heaven gang, has a wicked scheme going down: Operation Gang Snatch. He plans...
Street Combat is a one-on-one 2D fighting game in which several martial artists, athletes and crime-fighters from all across the...
Another Street Fighter sequel (this time for Street Fighter Alpha) adds even more to the classic fighting series.New characters in...
Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX is a conversion of the 2D arcade fighter Street Fighter Alpha 3. Featuring a roster...
PlayStation 2 (2006)
Street Fighter Alpha Anthology includes direct coin-op conversions of the following games: Street Fighter Alpha Street Fighter Alpha 2 Street...
PlayStation 2 (2000)
The EX series makes its way to the PS2, and has a total of 16 fighters (from past EX games)...
The first Street Fighter game to use 3D character models, but it's still the classic 2D fighting (with a few...
Game Boy (1995)
Before the flashy graphics, 3D animation and 30 hit turbo combos, there was the simple dragon punch and fireball. In...
Xbox 360 (2006)
Street Fighter II': Hyper Fighting is coin-op conversion of the arcade version of the same name, ported and optimized as...
This is the follow-up to Street Fighter III: New Generation . The brothers Yun and Yang are now truly separate...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 96 SoulCalibur
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 94 Tekken 3
- 94 Street Fighter II Turbo
- 93 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 93 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium
- 93 Samurai Shodown II
- 92 Virtua Fighter 2
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.73 Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium (1996)
- 4.53 Mortal Kombat X (2015)
- 4.50 Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)
- 4.48 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium (1999)
- 4.48 Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014)
- 4.42 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2009)
- 4.39 The King of Fighters XIII (2010)
- 4.39 Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure (2004)
- 4.38 Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (2011)
- 4.37 Uncharted: Golden Abyss (2011)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Fighting is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hack and Slash
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction