DescriptionFighting games allow players to engage in melee arena combat. Usually one-on-one, but team fighting games also exist. Fights continue until one of the characters or teams is knocked out. Additional endings may include being forced out of the arena/ring or a time limit. Fighting games should not be confused with Beat ‘em Ups / Brawlers which feature more overwhelming odds in the form of many less powerful antagonists.
Street Combat is a one-on-one 2D fighting game in which several martial artists, athletes and crime-fighters from all across the...
Another Street Fighter sequel (this time for Street Fighter Alpha) adds even more to the classic fighting series.New characters in...
Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX is a conversion of the 2D arcade fighter Street Fighter Alpha 3. Featuring a roster...
PlayStation 2 (2006)
Street Fighter Alpha Anthology includes direct coin-op conversions of the following games: Street Fighter Alpha Street Fighter Alpha 2 Street...
PlayStation 2 (2000)
The EX series makes its way to the PS2, and has a total of 16 fighters (from past EX games)...
The first Street Fighter game to use 3D character models, but it's still the classic 2D fighting (with a few...
Game Boy (1995)
Before the flashy graphics, 3D animation and 30 hit turbo combos, there was the simple dragon punch and fireball. In...
Xbox 360 (2006)
Street Fighter II': Hyper Fighting is coin-op conversion of the arcade version of the same name, ported and optimized as...
This is the follow-up to Street Fighter III: New Generation . The brothers Yun and Yang are now truly separate...
Street Fighter III: Double Impact is a compilation of the the first two Street Fighter III installments: Street Fighter III:...
Street Fighter III: New Generation is a 2D fighting game, and opens the third (fourth, counting Alpha) Street Fighter's tournament....
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 96 SoulCalibur
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 94 Tekken 3
- 94 Street Fighter II Turbo
- 93 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 93 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium
- 93 Samurai Shodown II
- 92 Virtua Fighter 2
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.73 Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium (1996)
- 4.54 Mortal Kombat X (2015)
- 4.52 Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)
- 4.48 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium (1999)
- 4.44 Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014)
- 4.43 The King of Fighters XIII (2010)
- 4.39 Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure (2004)
- 4.37 God of War Collection (2009)
- 4.37 Uncharted: Golden Abyss (2011)
- 4.36 Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars (2008)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Fighting is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hack and Slash
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Puzzle elements
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction