DescriptionFighting games allow players to engage in melee arena combat. Usually one-on-one, but team fighting games also exist. Fights continue until one of the characters or teams is knocked out. Additional endings may include being forced out of the arena/ring or a time limit. Fighting games should not be confused with Beat ‘em Ups / Brawlers which feature more overwhelming odds in the form of many less powerful antagonists.
This is the follow-up to Street Fighter III: New Generation . The brothers Yun and Yang are now truly separate...
Street Fighter III: Double Impact is a compilation of the the first two Street Fighter III installments: Street Fighter III:...
Street Fighter III: New Generation is a 2D fighting game, and opens the third (fourth, counting Alpha) Street Fighter's tournament....
Street Fighter: The Movie (originally planned to be Street Fighter III during early development) is based on the 1994 live-action...
Plot: You play as Nick, and you must save your true love, Xianna, from the hands of gangsters. Gameplay: You...
Street Hustle is a clone of the ZX Spectrum game titled Street Hassle, showing what happens when a good behaved...
PlayStation 2 (2001)
A game consisting exclusively of boss monsters. You control Linda, a girl with a demonically possessed scarf on a mission...
Strip Fighter II is similar to Street Fighter II, but has a distinguishing feature: in this fighting game all the...
SEGA Saturn (1996)
An enhanced port of Suiko Enbu (aka, Dark Legend) exclusively upgraded for the Saturn.The game is a one-on-one 2D fighting...
Sunday vs Magazine is a crossover fighting game featuring dozens of characters from two of Japan's most popular shonen manga...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 96 SoulCalibur
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 94 Tekken 3
- 94 Street Fighter II Turbo
- 93 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 93 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium
- 93 Samurai Shodown II
- 92 Virtua Fighter 2
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.73 Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium (1996)
- 4.53 Mortal Kombat X (2015)
- 4.50 Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)
- 4.48 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium (1999)
- 4.48 Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014)
- 4.39 The King of Fighters XIII (2010)
- 4.39 Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure (2004)
- 4.37 Uncharted: Golden Abyss (2011)
- 4.36 Dark Savior (1996)
- 4.36 Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars (2008)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Fighting is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hack and Slash
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction