DescriptionFighting games allow players to engage in melee arena combat. Usually one-on-one, but team fighting games also exist. Fights continue until one of the characters or teams is knocked out. Additional endings may include being forced out of the arena/ring or a time limit. Fighting games should not be confused with Beat ‘em Ups / Brawlers which feature more overwhelming odds in the form of many less powerful antagonists.
Super Smash Bros.: Brawl is the third game in the Super Smash Brothers series of brawling games. It is a...
Nintendo 3DS (2014)
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS is the fourth entry in Nintendo's crossover fighting franchise, featuring dozens of characters from...
Wii U (2014)
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is, along with its 3DS counterpart, the fourth entry in Nintendo's crossover fighting franchise,...
The sequel to HAL Laboratory's Super Smash Bros., which pitted Nintendo characters against each other, ups the ante by including...
Super TaeKwonDo Master is a 2D action martial arts simulator for 1 or 2 players (3 to 6 players in...
Real-Time Role Playing Adventure game.The game is a big maze where you need to find objects, primary amongst them seem...
Game Gear (1993)
Surf Ninjas was created as a tie-on for the 1993 New Line Cinema movie of the same name and is...
Goddess of the Evil Blade is a direct sequel to the first Sword Dancer. The story continues to chronicle the...
Atari 2600 (2000)
En garde! Attack, feint, block, strike!This is a one-on-one sword fight for two players only. Press the button to skip...
Swords comes to the Wii, slinging sword-fighting action in tow. Swords features a gameplay set-up similar to the highly-loved Nintendo...
You've got an Sword and a Galleon, that's about it really. You sail around picking fights with other galleons and...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 96 SoulCalibur
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 94 Tekken 3
- 94 Street Fighter II Turbo
- 93 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 93 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium
- 93 Samurai Shodown II
- 92 Virtua Fighter 2
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.73 Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium (1996)
- 4.54 Mortal Kombat X (2015)
- 4.52 Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)
- 4.48 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium (1999)
- 4.44 Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014)
- 4.43 The King of Fighters XIII (2010)
- 4.39 Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure (2004)
- 4.37 Uncharted: Golden Abyss (2011)
- 4.36 Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars (2008)
- 4.35 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2009)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Fighting is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hack and Slash
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Puzzle elements
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction