DescriptionFighting games allow players to engage in melee arena combat. Usually one-on-one, but team fighting games also exist. Fights continue until one of the characters or teams is knocked out. Additional endings may include being forced out of the arena/ring or a time limit. Fighting games should not be confused with Beat ‘em Ups / Brawlers which feature more overwhelming odds in the form of many less powerful antagonists.
Superior Soldiers is a 2D versus fighting game set after a post-apocalyptic incident in August 1999 where unknown energy emitting...
Super Kid is a beat-em up game for one or two players. Players take the role of one of eight...
Game Boy (1997)
Superman is a sidescrolling action game starring DC Comics' titular Man of Steel. It features character designs based on Superman:...
Clark Kent, a mild-mannered reporter for a great metropolitan newspaper, possesses a secret - when he pulls off his coat,...
Game Boy Advance (2003)
Superman is once again in the thick of things as agents from the planet Apokolips arrive on Earth to bring...
Nintendo 3DS (2011)
Super Monkey Ball 3D is an action puzzle, racing and fighting game in which you play as AiAi and friends....
Nintendo 64 (1998)
Super Robot Spirits is a one-against-one fighting game featuring big robots from the Super Robot Wars game series and anime...
Sports type running game with a twist. This game can be played with two players or against the computer. You...
Super Smash Bros.: Brawl is the third game in the Super Smash Brothers series of brawling games. It is a...
Nintendo 3DS (2014)
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS is the fourth entry in Nintendo's crossover fighting franchise, featuring dozens of characters from...
Wii U (2014)
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is, along with its 3DS counterpart, the fourth entry in Nintendo's crossover fighting franchise,...
The sequel to HAL Laboratory's Super Smash Bros., which pitted Nintendo characters against each other, ups the ante by including...
Super TaeKwonDo Master is a 2D action martial arts simulator for 1 or 2 players (3 to 6 players in...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 96 SoulCalibur
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 94 Tekken 3
- 94 Street Fighter II Turbo
- 94 Ninja Gaiden Black
- 93 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 93 Samurai Shodown II
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Street Fighter IV
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.50 Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)
- 4.48 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium (1999)
- 4.48 Mortal Kombat X (2015)
- 4.47 Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014)
- 4.40 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2009)
- 4.39 Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure (2004)
- 4.36 Dark Savior (1996)
- 4.36 Samurai Shodown IV: Amakusa's Revenge (1996)
- 4.35 Sid Meier's Pirates! (Limited Edition) (2004)
- 4.34 Batman Returns (1993)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Fighting is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Interactive Fiction with Graphics [DEPRECATED]
- Interactive Movie
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Video Backdrop
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction