DescriptionFighting games allow players to engage in melee arena combat. Usually one-on-one, but team fighting games also exist. Fights continue until one of the characters or teams is knocked out. Additional endings may include being forced out of the arena/ring or a time limit. Fighting games should not be confused with Beat ‘em Ups / Brawlers which feature more overwhelming odds in the form of many less powerful antagonists.
Goddess of the Evil Blade is a direct sequel to the first Sword Dancer. The story continues to chronicle the...
Atari 2600 (2000)
En garde! Attack, feint, block, strike!This is a one-on-one sword fight for two players only. Press the button to skip...
Swords comes to the Wii, slinging sword-fighting action in tow. Swords features a gameplay set-up similar to the highly-loved Nintendo...
You've got an Sword and a Galleon, that's about it really. You sail around picking fights with other galleons and...
Taking its subject matter from history and its presentation directly from manga and anime, in this stylish game the player...
This jump and run game parodies the popular Super Mario games series and transports the setting into a modern gay...
Taekwon-Do is based on the real life martial art taekwondo, using its real attacks and tournament rules. Each character (there...
TaeKwonDo Master is a digitized fighting game. The game features three modes - single, duel (2 players) and tournament (3...
T'ai Fu looks to avenge the destruction of his village by the dragon clan. He travels through ancient China, seeking...
Tales of the Heroes: Twin Brave is a spin-off of the Tales series, crossing the universes of the franchise by...
From the co-creator of Mortal Kombat, Tao Feng is a fighting game with a few twists. The storyline is made...
Ta•o Taido is a 2D versus fighting game. Eight martial artists (one of which, Malcolm, later appears as a playable...
Get ready to fight in the ultimate crossover battle! Select from over twenty characters from assorted Capcom and Tatsunoko franchises,...
Bright primary colours and a strong cartoon style characterise this squad based third person shooter. Crates falling from the sky...
Nintendo 3DS (2017)
Tecmo Knight is 2D arcade beat'em up game. Main hero is Tecmo Knight, who fights against various monsters. He has...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 96 SoulCalibur
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 94 Tekken 3
- 94 Street Fighter II Turbo
- 93 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 93 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium
- 93 Samurai Shodown II
- 92 Virtua Fighter 2
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.73 Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium (1996)
- 4.53 Mortal Kombat X (2015)
- 4.50 Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)
- 4.48 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium (1999)
- 4.44 Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014)
- 4.39 The King of Fighters XIII (2010)
- 4.39 Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure (2004)
- 4.37 God of War Collection (2009)
- 4.37 Uncharted: Golden Abyss (2011)
- 4.36 Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars (2008)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Fighting is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hack and Slash
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Puzzle elements
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction