DescriptionFighting games allow players to engage in melee arena combat. Usually one-on-one, but team fighting games also exist. Fights continue until one of the characters or teams is knocked out. Additional endings may include being forced out of the arena/ring or a time limit. Fighting games should not be confused with Beat ‘em Ups / Brawlers which feature more overwhelming odds in the form of many less powerful antagonists.
In BC 1044, Emperor Jo sets fire to himself when invaders destroy his country. Emperor Jo's grand wizard Wen creates...
Nintendo DSi (2010)
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift continues shortly after the happenings of BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger. It also continues the tradition that the actual...
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend is an updated version of PS3/Xbox 360 game BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend. It adds the BlazBlue...
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II is a updated version of the Xbox 360/PS3 game BlazBlue: Continuum Shift. It already includes the...
PlayStation 2 (2007)
Bleach: Blade Battlers 2nd is the second 3D fighting game of the Blade Battlers series. It allows the player to...
Bleach: Shattered Blade is a game based on Japanese anime characters that have appeared in both films and TV series....
Nintendo DS (2006)
Bleach: The Blade of Fate is a 2D fighting game. It is an English localization of the Japanese release Bleach...
The Chaos Edition is a reissue of Cyanide Studio's Blood Bowl, featuring all previous updates such as those included in...
The Collector's Edition includes: Blood Bowl Blood Bowl-Stickers Artbook/Strategy-guide with 80-pages featuring background information about the tabletop-game, information about all...
The Dark Elves Edition includes: Blood Bowl An extra playable race: the Dark Elves Artbook/Strategy guide with 80-pages featuring background...
The Legendary Edition is a reissue of Cyanide Studio's Blood Bowl, featuring all previous updates such as the Dark Elves...
Set in the future, competitive sport is outlawed and becomes the pursuit of an underground network of the world's greatest...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 96 SoulCalibur
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 94 Tekken 3
- 94 Street Fighter II Turbo
- 93 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 93 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium
- 93 Samurai Shodown II
- 92 Virtua Fighter 2
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.73 Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium (1996)
- 4.53 Mortal Kombat X (2015)
- 4.50 Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)
- 4.48 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium (1999)
- 4.44 Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014)
- 4.39 The King of Fighters XIII (2010)
- 4.39 Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure (2004)
- 4.37 God of War Collection (2009)
- 4.37 Uncharted: Golden Abyss (2011)
- 4.36 Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars (2008)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Fighting is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hack and Slash
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Puzzle elements
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction