DescriptionFighting games allow players to engage in melee arena combat. Usually one-on-one, but team fighting games also exist. Fights continue until one of the characters or teams is knocked out. Additional endings may include being forced out of the arena/ring or a time limit. Fighting games should not be confused with Beat ‘em Ups / Brawlers which feature more overwhelming odds in the form of many less powerful antagonists.
Blade is a 3D duel swordfighting game. The player can choose three characters: Kurogane, Kyouji and Sirou (and one boss...
In BC 1044, Emperor Jo sets fire to himself when invaders destroy his country. Emperor Jo's grand wizard Wen creates...
Nintendo DSi (2010)
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift continues shortly after the happenings of BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger. It also continues the tradition that the actual...
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend is an updated version of PS3/Xbox 360 game BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend. It adds the BlazBlue...
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II is a updated version of the Xbox 360/PS3 game BlazBlue: Continuum Shift. It already includes the...
PlayStation 2 (2007)
Bleach: Blade Battlers 2nd is the second 3D fighting game of the Blade Battlers series. It allows the player to...
Bleach: Shattered Blade is a game based on Japanese anime characters that have appeared in both films and TV series....
Nintendo DS (2006)
Bleach: The Blade of Fate is a 2D fighting game. It is an English localization of the Japanese release Bleach...
The Chaos Edition is a reissue of Cyanide Studio's Blood Bowl, featuring all previous updates such as those included in...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 96 SoulCalibur
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 94 Tekken 3
- 94 Street Fighter II Turbo
- 93 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 93 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium
- 93 Samurai Shodown II
- 92 Virtua Fighter 2
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.73 Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium (1996)
- 4.54 Mortal Kombat X (2015)
- 4.52 Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)
- 4.48 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium (1999)
- 4.44 Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014)
- 4.43 The King of Fighters XIII (2010)
- 4.39 Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure (2004)
- 4.37 Uncharted: Golden Abyss (2011)
- 4.36 Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars (2008)
- 4.35 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2009)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Fighting is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hack and Slash
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Puzzle elements
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction