DescriptionFighting games allow players to engage in melee arena combat. Usually one-on-one, but team fighting games also exist. Fights continue until one of the characters or teams is knocked out. Additional endings may include being forced out of the arena/ring or a time limit. Fighting games should not be confused with Beat ‘em Ups / Brawlers which feature more overwhelming odds in the form of many less powerful antagonists.
ZX Spectrum (1986)
A mad professor has kidnapped the President, and the ransom note says he plans to turn him into a war-mongering...
Arrgh! Have you ever wanted to live the life of a pirate? Well here's your chance to jump into this...
The game allows the player to program the artificial intelligence of a robotic insect like war machines called 'Cybugs'. Cybugs...
Alien Challenge is a 2D versus fighting game in which you take control of one of eight eight fallen gods...
All Star Karate consists of three game modes through which the player gets to experience the life of a karate...
The Amazing Spider-Man: Lethal Foes is based on the Spider-Man cartoon of the time and pits Spider-Man against several of...
SEGA 32X (1996)
An electric plasma grid has left New York in a state of chaos, and only Spider-Man can save the city...
Anarchy Online: Alien Invasion is the third expansion for the online role playing game Anarchy Online. Guilds are able to...
Angel Fighters is 2D flash one-on-one fighting game with all-female cast. The player chooses one from six characters (each with...
Angel Star Road Champion Carnival World GP 2008 is a doujin 2D one-on-one fighting game, made using the Fighter Maker...
Xbox 360 (2009)
Barry is a man from Hawaii, who was once an ordinary young man. But one day, he was struck by...
Antagony is a 2D versus fighting game with cartoon graphics. The game features seven characters with standard and special attacks,...
Revisiting the abstract origami wireframe 3D first-person perspective of Bob's Dragon Hunt for the second game using the homely but...
Anyman is a newly developed robot who must fight against the robot minions of Dr. Alien in six rounds of...
PlayStation 2 (2004)
Ape Escape: Pumped & Primed is a party game for up to four players using the multitap accessory.The game has...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 96 SoulCalibur
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 94 Tekken 3
- 94 Street Fighter II Turbo
- 93 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 93 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium
- 93 Samurai Shodown II
- 92 Virtua Fighter 2
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.73 Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium (1996)
- 4.54 Mortal Kombat X (2015)
- 4.50 Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)
- 4.48 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium (1999)
- 4.44 Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014)
- 4.39 The King of Fighters XIII (2010)
- 4.39 Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure (2004)
- 4.37 God of War Collection (2009)
- 4.37 Uncharted: Golden Abyss (2011)
- 4.36 Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars (2008)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Fighting is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hack and Slash
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Puzzle elements
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction