DescriptionFighting games allow players to engage in melee arena combat. Usually one-on-one, but team fighting games also exist. Fights continue until one of the characters or teams is knocked out. Additional endings may include being forced out of the arena/ring or a time limit. Fighting games should not be confused with Beat ‘em Ups / Brawlers which feature more overwhelming odds in the form of many less powerful antagonists.
Chōjin Sentai Jetman is based on the Japanese TV show which resembles the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.The game was developed...
Choose an Enemy is a fighting game . Your aim is to defend your girlfriend against a guy who attacks...
Atari 8-bit (1985)
Chop Suey is a one vs. one martial arts fighting game. It is designed to be played with an eight-direction...
Cirno Smash Climbers is a follow-up to Cirno Climber, but now as a fighting game similar to the Super Smash...
Nintendo DSi (2013)
Clay Fighter 2, just like its predecessor, is a Street Fighter-like fighting game for 1 or 2 players.The characters were...
Nintendo 64 (1997)
In this zany beat 'em up, clay animated fighters clash in a fight to the clay death. Characters such as...
Nintendo 64 (1998)
Clay Fighter: Sculptor's Cut is a parody of one-on-one fighting games and features sixteen playable clay fighters, including Sumo Santa,...
The Tournament Edition of Clay Fighter fixes some glitches and adds new features to the original 2D fighting game. Most...
Nintendo DS (2009)
Claymore: Gingan no Majo is a 2D side-scrolling action game based on the Japanese comic series Claymore. The story takes...
ZX Spectrum (1987)
This Green Beret-style arcade game follows the plot of the film starring Sylvester Stallone. As Stallone's Cobra character you must...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 96 SoulCalibur
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 94 Tekken 3
- 94 Street Fighter II Turbo
- 93 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 93 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium
- 93 Samurai Shodown II
- 92 Virtua Fighter 2
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.73 Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium (1996)
- 4.54 Mortal Kombat X (2015)
- 4.52 Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)
- 4.48 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium (1999)
- 4.44 Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014)
- 4.43 The King of Fighters XIII (2010)
- 4.39 Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure (2004)
- 4.37 Uncharted: Golden Abyss (2011)
- 4.36 Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars (2008)
- 4.35 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2009)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Fighting is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hack and Slash
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Puzzle elements
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction