DescriptionFighting games allow players to engage in melee arena combat. Usually one-on-one, but team fighting games also exist. Fights continue until one of the characters or teams is knocked out. Additional endings may include being forced out of the arena/ring or a time limit. Fighting games should not be confused with Beat ‘em Ups / Brawlers which feature more overwhelming odds in the form of many less powerful antagonists.
Cirno Smash Climbers is a follow-up to Cirno Climber, but now as a fighting game similar to the Super Smash...
Nintendo DSi (2013)
Clay Fighter 2, just like its predecessor, is a Street Fighter-like fighting game for 1 or 2 players.The characters were...
Nintendo 64 (1997)
In this zany beat 'em up, clay animated fighters clash in a fight to the clay death. Characters such as...
Nintendo 64 (1998)
Clay Fighter: Sculptor's Cut is a parody of one-on-one fighting games and features sixteen playable clay fighters, including Sumo Santa,...
The Tournament Edition of Clay Fighter fixes some glitches and adds new features to the original 2D fighting game. Most...
Nintendo DS (2009)
Claymore: Gingan no Majo is a 2D side-scrolling action game based on the Japanese comic series Claymore. The story takes...
ZX Spectrum (1987)
This Green Beret-style arcade game follows the plot of the film starring Sylvester Stallone. As Stallone's Cobra character you must...
PlayStation 2 (2005)
Taken into slavery, you are now a gladiator. Your only chance at freedom is to earn enough money in the...
Nintendo 3DS (2011)
Congo and Congette were a pair of monkeys happily living in the jungle. One day a magic ruby fell out...
The Con is a fighting game featuring 20 different characters as well as the ability to create-a-fighter with the ability...
SEGA 32X (1994)
Cosmic Carnage is a one-on-one fighting game set in outer space. The story begins as a prison barge is hijacked...
Nintendo DSi (2010)
Once again the universe is at peril from invaders from beyond, but this time their target is Earth! Galivan and...
Cosmowarrior Zero is a 3D combat game based on characters from Leiji Matsumoto's universe - or "Leijiverse".After the Great War...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 96 SoulCalibur
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 94 Tekken 3
- 94 Street Fighter II Turbo
- 93 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 93 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium
- 93 Samurai Shodown II
- 92 Virtua Fighter 2
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.73 Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium (1996)
- 4.53 Mortal Kombat X (2015)
- 4.50 Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)
- 4.48 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium (1999)
- 4.48 Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014)
- 4.39 The King of Fighters XIII (2010)
- 4.39 Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure (2004)
- 4.37 Uncharted: Golden Abyss (2011)
- 4.36 Dark Savior (1996)
- 4.36 Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars (2008)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Fighting is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hack and Slash
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction