DescriptionFighting games allow players to engage in melee arena combat. Usually one-on-one, but team fighting games also exist. Fights continue until one of the characters or teams is knocked out. Additional endings may include being forced out of the arena/ring or a time limit. Fighting games should not be confused with Beat ‘em Ups / Brawlers which feature more overwhelming odds in the form of many less powerful antagonists.
Cirno Smash Climbers is a follow-up to Cirno Climber, but now as a fighting game similar to the Super Smash...
Clay Fighter 2, just like its predecessor, is a Street Fighter-like fighting game for 1 or 2 players.The characters were...
Nintendo 64 (1997)
In this zany beat 'em up, clay animated fighters clash in a fight to the clay death. Characters such as...
Nintendo 64 (1998)
Clay Fighter: Sculptor's Cut is a parody of one-on-one fighting games and features sixteen playable clay fighters, including Sumo Santa,...
The Tournament Edition of Clay Fighter fixes some glitches and adds new features to the original 2D fighting game. Most...
Nintendo DS (2009)
Claymore: Gingan no Majo is a 2D side-scrolling action game based on the Japanese comic series Claymore. The story takes...
ZX Spectrum (1987)
This Green Beret-style arcade game follows the plot of the film starring Sylvester Stallone. As Stallone's Cobra character you must...
PlayStation 2 (2005)
Taken into slavery, you are now a gladiator. Your only chance at freedom is to earn enough money in the...
Comar Barbarian is a 2D beat-em-up game, with some logical elements, for younger players. It has bright, cartoon-like visuals and...
Congo and Congette were a pair of monkeys happily living in the jungle. One day a magic ruby fell out...
The Con is a fighting game featuring 20 different characters as well as the ability to create-a-fighter with the ability...
SEGA 32X (1994)
Cosmic Carnage is a one-on-one fighting game set in outer space. The story begins as a prison barge is hijacked...
Once again the universe is at peril from invaders from beyond, but this time their target is Earth! Galivan and...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 96 SoulCalibur
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 94 Tekken 3
- 94 Street Fighter II Turbo
- 94 Ninja Gaiden Black
- 93 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 93 Samurai Shodown II
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Street Fighter IV
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.50 Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)
- 4.48 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium (1999)
- 4.48 Mortal Kombat X (2015)
- 4.47 Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014)
- 4.40 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2009)
- 4.39 Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure (2004)
- 4.36 Dark Savior (1996)
- 4.36 Samurai Shodown IV: Amakusa's Revenge (1996)
- 4.35 Sid Meier's Pirates! (Limited Edition) (2004)
- 4.34 Batman Returns (1993)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Fighting is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Interactive Fiction with Graphics [DEPRECATED]
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction