DescriptionFighting games allow players to engage in melee arena combat. Usually one-on-one, but team fighting games also exist. Fights continue until one of the characters or teams is knocked out. Additional endings may include being forced out of the arena/ring or a time limit. Fighting games should not be confused with Beat ‘em Ups / Brawlers which feature more overwhelming odds in the form of many less powerful antagonists.
Dark Adventure is 2D top-down arcade action game, similar to Gauntlet. The player can "choose" (by changing the position at...
Dark Edge is a 3D versus fighting game set in the twenty-fifth century in which the world is controlled by...
Dark Judgement is a classic side scrolling beat 'em up developed by Frankenstein Studio. In this game the player will...
SEGA Saturn (1996)
The bounty hunter Garian is entrusted with the task of accompanying a monster named Bilan to a prison island. On...
The dentist Dr. O Sang Hyun lives in the suburbs with his wife and their daughter Suhee. Everything goes well...
Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower is essentially the culmination of Capcom's sister series to Street Fighter. Featuring a similar style...
Commodore 64 (1988)
Compilation package containing a selection for Data East's own conversions to home computers of their original arcade coin-op games.Featured titles:...
Dave: Accelerate is an action game, a fan game inspired by the webcomic "Homestuck". The game recreates one of the...
D. D. Crew is a 2D arcade beat'em up, similar to Final Fight. Each player (up to four depending arcade...
New York, September 5, 1953. The mafia runs rampant throughout the country, drugs flood the street, and criminals strike with...
Nintendo 64 (1998)
In Deadly Arts the player can fight as a range of characters from around the globe in training, one-on-one and...
In Deadly Creatures, the player alternates between controlling a spider and a scorpion on their quest through a world from...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 96 SoulCalibur
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 94 Tekken 3
- 94 Street Fighter II Turbo
- 93 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 93 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium
- 93 Samurai Shodown II
- 92 Virtua Fighter 2
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.73 Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium (1996)
- 4.53 Mortal Kombat X (2015)
- 4.50 Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)
- 4.48 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium (1999)
- 4.48 Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014)
- 4.39 The King of Fighters XIII (2010)
- 4.39 Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure (2004)
- 4.37 Uncharted: Golden Abyss (2011)
- 4.36 Dark Savior (1996)
- 4.36 Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars (2008)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Fighting is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hack and Slash
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction