DescriptionFighting games allow players to engage in melee arena combat. Usually one-on-one, but team fighting games also exist. Fights continue until one of the characters or teams is knocked out. Additional endings may include being forced out of the arena/ring or a time limit. Fighting games should not be confused with Beat ‘em Ups / Brawlers which feature more overwhelming odds in the form of many less powerful antagonists.
Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower is essentially the culmination of Capcom's sister series to Street Fighter. Featuring a similar style...
Commodore 64 (1988)
Compilation package containing a selection for Data East's own conversions to home computers of their original arcade coin-op games.Featured titles:...
Dave: Accelerate is an action game, a fan game inspired by the webcomic "Homestuck". The game recreates one of the...
New York, September 5, 1953. The mafia runs rampant throughout the country, drugs flood the street, and criminals strike with...
Nintendo 64 (1998)
In Deadly Arts the player can fight as a range of characters from around the globe in training, one-on-one and...
In Deadly Creatures, the player alternates between controlling a spider and a scorpion on their quest through a world from...
Dead of Knight is a freeware 3D slasher game. You control Dead Knight as you battle demons through various levels...
Dead Or Alive 3 is a fighting game exclusive to the Microsoft Xbox. It features 16 characters (3 of them...
Xbox 360 (2005)
The fourth installment in the Dead or Alive series (excluding Beach Volleyball) continues in a similar vein of fighting game....
PS Vita (2013)
Nintendo 3DS (2011)
Dead or Alive Ultimate features the original SEGA Saturn version of Dead or Alive as well as a totally redesigned...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 96 SoulCalibur
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 94 Tekken 3
- 94 Street Fighter II Turbo
- 93 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 93 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium
- 93 Samurai Shodown II
- 92 Virtua Fighter 2
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.73 Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium (1996)
- 4.54 Mortal Kombat X (2015)
- 4.52 Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)
- 4.48 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium (1999)
- 4.44 Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014)
- 4.43 The King of Fighters XIII (2010)
- 4.39 Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure (2004)
- 4.37 Uncharted: Golden Abyss (2011)
- 4.36 Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars (2008)
- 4.35 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2009)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Fighting is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hack and Slash
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Puzzle elements
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction