DescriptionFighting games allow players to engage in melee arena combat. Usually one-on-one, but team fighting games also exist. Fights continue until one of the characters or teams is knocked out. Additional endings may include being forced out of the arena/ring or a time limit. Fighting games should not be confused with Beat ‘em Ups / Brawlers which feature more overwhelming odds in the form of many less powerful antagonists.
PlayStation 2 (2002)
Stitch Experiment 626 is a prequel to Disney's animation, Lilo & Stitch. Stitch is trying to escape his home planet...
The prequel to Square Enix's 2009 title Dissidia: Final Fantasy, Dissidia 012 also contains the original's story remade to fit...
This release contains an additional costume for Laguna in Dissidia 012 [duodecim]. The costume is based on Laguna's armor as...
This collector edition's was released in Europe. It comes in a special package and includes: Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy...
Unlike most Final Fantasy games, Dissidia is more of a fighting game rather than a classic role playing game. It...
The Limited Collector’s Edition which only received a European release, includes: Dissidia: Final Fantasy Mini-CD with 6 tracks from the...
Dogma is a 2D fighting game that is very similar to Street Fighter or Samurai Shodown.There are a total of...
Doman: Grzechy Ardana (Doman: Ardan's Sins) is a brutal beat 'em up which tells the story of Doman, a Slavic...
Nintendo DS (2009)
In Don King Boxing you play as a fictional young protege of Don King, aiming to take on on the...
Nintendo DS (2008)
Doodle Hex is a fast-paced puzzle fighter for the Nintendo DS. Play the role of a student wizard at the...
The Doom Squad is a group of fighters under the control of an evil wizard. They threaten earth and bring...
Zeebo's version of Double Dragon follows the same plot, but bearing several changes. Once again, Billy and Jimmy Lee are...
Double Dragon EX is the second licensed mobile Double Dragon game and this version is a remix of previous releases...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 96 SoulCalibur
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 94 Tekken 3
- 94 Street Fighter II Turbo
- 94 Ninja Gaiden Black
- 93 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 93 Samurai Shodown II
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Super Street Fighter IV
- 92 Street Fighter IV
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.50 Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)
- 4.48 SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium (1999)
- 4.48 Mortal Kombat X (2015)
- 4.47 Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014)
- 4.40 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2009)
- 4.39 Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure (2004)
- 4.36 Dark Savior (1996)
- 4.36 Samurai Shodown IV: Amakusa's Revenge (1996)
- 4.35 Sid Meier's Pirates! (Limited Edition) (2004)
- 4.34 Batman Returns (1993)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Fighting is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hidden object
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Interactive Fiction with Graphics [DEPRECATED]
- Interactive Movie
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Rail Shooter
- RPG Elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Video Backdrop
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction